Millenia Flip Key / Switchblade Remote Key Fob

So one of my longer term projects was the flip / switchblade style key fob like found on some newer mazda's, but were also on audi's etc for years. It's just alot nicer then having everything jingling around nad taking up room. Seriously I have 3 cars I can't fit everything on a key ring.

Purchased the 3rd version off ebay awhile ago, looked alot better then the cheap universal ones and certainly felt much higher quality. Buttons work well and have good feel, with programming instructions provided I was able to program the remote and get everything to work fine. It does seem to have a shorter range then factory but not a big issue.

The only problem is that you cannot get a millenia style key blank. I talked to the seller a few times and it just wasn't happening. I thought about getting an older mercedes blank which was lazor cut but they mount up in different ways. The only other thing you could do is get a blank....a dremel....a small drill bit...and try not to mess anything up. When comparing it doesn't look like the lazor cut will fit in the void

SO, if you want to look cool unlocking car then it'll work, but if you need to start your car on a regular basis we'll have to keep working. Last I checked the seller pulled the units off ebay for the millenia since the key's couldn't be cut. Oh well, atleast unlike the pissbucket we do R&D over here.