Abs Error

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I contacted him, but he tells me everything was just fine and I had to drive some more km's to get the light out.

I drove 4000km till now. Contacted him again (no more picking up my phone).

OK, then I thought to repair it myself some day.

Same say on my way home RIGHT SIDE AXLE (FRONT) of the wheel got out of its joint.

OK.

I called some friend and pushed the car home (2.3km....DAMN).

I opened the wheel and tried to open the BIG BOLT (size 32) that holds the axle.

It won't move, so I sprayed some WD40, no motion!

I looked at it and there was a CUT in the axle and the piece of the bolt was stuck in it.

I tried to get the bolt out of the cut, but the more I try, the more it gets tightened.

Now it looks like its WELDED to the axle (lol?).

Does someone know how to open it up?

Thnx

Lol, you probably mean the nut, not bolt. It is knocked into the cut in the axle after tightening, to prevent it from coming loose. The nut is for the same reason supposed to be used only once.

Now to remove the nut you need a prybar, to apply enough torque. I use a long iron tube. The longer it is, the less force needs to be applied. Upwards one metre is sufficient for light vehichle repairs, two metres for heavy vehichles.

Lol, you probably mean the nut, not bolt. It is knocked into the cut in the axle after tightening, to prevent it from coming loose. The nut is for the same reason supposed to be used only once.

Now to remove the nut you need a prybar, to apply enough torque. I use a long iron tube. The longer it is, the less force needs to be applied. Upwards one metre is sufficient for light vehichle repairs, two metres for heavy vehichles.

Ah ok, lol.

I was using "welding tools" (some parfume with a lighter) and "high heat burners" (tuned up lighters) to get it loose (it didn't get looser, in fact, now its MELTED to the axle....OOPS).

If I only knew that.

I have a big ranch of 70cm long, but it slips the WHOLE time.

I can't get grip on it.

So what do I do now when it is melted together?

Not really melted, but the NUT and the axle look like ONE piece

sorry :don:

The axle got spoiled.

The joint on the tire side opened and the bearing fell out (somewhere).

Now I have a axle ending in a rubber and another piece behind the brake disc. That other piece behind the brake disc must come out in order to install an other axle. and THAT piece of **** is DAMN stuck with a F**** NUT.

Sorry for my language, but I waisted 2 days on this car (AGAIN).....this car is a disaster and it is probably my LAAAAAAAAAAST mazda ever.

I used 1/4" and smaller drill bits and drilled thru the nut starting at the notch on the inside to the outside. It took 3 or 4 separate holes in a row. Then I used a chisel punch and hammer and snapped the nut loose. I can take a pic if you need it. I kept the nut for posterity......

I used 1/4" and smaller drill bits and drilled thru the nut starting at the notch on the inside to the outside. It took 3 or 4 separate holes in a row. Then I used a chisel punch and hammer and snapped the nut loose. I can take a pic if you need it. I kept the nut for posterity......

Pics would be GREAT!

I also tried to drill in the cut, but I didn't get far.

I also spoiled 2 screwdrivers

OK here you go:

[attachmentid=975]

[attachmentid=976]

[attachmentid=977]

As you can see I drilled several holes in the nut. Once there was less than a mm btwn I used a punch chisel and hammer to break the nut. then the impact could remove it.

Those pics are from my cell phone camera........

0306081954.jpg

0306081953a.jpg

0306081951.jpg

I am almost through the nut!

I have got up to 4mm into the nut.

It took me 2 hours for 4 mm!!!

Tomorrow it should be out of it.

I have a question, there is a company in the USA who sells axles very cheap with 7 year guarantee. I would like to buy it, but they don't ship internationally. Could it be possible for someone to receive the axle at its home and then post it to me (Belgium)?

I will pay for the shipping costs!

thnx

be sure to use oil as you drill to keep the bit and nut cool. If the bit gets hot it'll get soft and not drill. If you drilled without the oil it's already messed up. Get another. I used a CORDEd craftsman drill. THe oil will drip and get all over but it'll cut the bolt. Once it stops, you stop because you have hit the hub......

be sure to use oil as you drill to keep the bit and nut cool. If the bit gets hot it'll get soft and not drill. If you drilled without the oil it's already messed up. Get another. I used a CORDEd craftsman drill. THe oil will drip and get all over but it'll cut the bolt. Once it stops, you stop because you have hit the hub......

I did use oil to cool the tip, but still no fast progress.

Today I hoped to open the nut. I am through it, but it still wont come off, I even drilled through the metal behind it, oops.

I tried to use a BIG punch, but all I was doing was cutting the metal behind.

I bought a welding set and heated the nut, but it won't come off.

I hit the axle in the hope the nut will bend and break, but no progress.

• 2 weeks later...

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01095.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01102.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01103.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01104.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01105.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01106.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01107.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01108.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01109.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01110.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01111.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01112.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01113.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Shinta\Bureaublad\100MSDCF\DSC01115.JPG

So, there you have it......the procedure to get the NUT open...ufff

Who is the KING.....

NUT ZERO, SHINTA ONE

whoopS......no pics?

How do I add pics....he says an error when I tried to add these.

:-s