Noise And Flange Gasket

No real gaskets, its all clamped together pretty good, if your getting black soot there is a leak somewhere and the car is running a bit rich, but unless you can see a hole there shouldn't be a big noise difference.

I'v seen entire exhaust replacement systems for around 200, or you could just go to an exhaust ship and for 80 dollars have a new pipe put in.

Condition is pretty good, except for the rumbling noise. I seafoamed it, replaced spark plugs, running some Techron through it now and will replace the accessory belts this weekend. Thought I would try to address the sound by looking at that flange to see if a leak is occuring that may be causing the noise.

75k.

I need to get under the car today to do a visual inspection of the exhaust. The reason I thought it might be where the flange is located is since it 'sounds' like the rumbling noise is coming from the front of the car.

Car was cheap, and maintained, but some 60k service items weren't taken care of (fuel filter, belts).