Shift Kit For The Millenia 2.3 S

I'm simply amazed there is suc ha thing that existes for the millenia, but I know for a fact the tranny used isn't used in those other cars listed.

Install on the other hand is another issue, they did this on trucks or musclecar I think, basically you drop the pan and place some plate over it to redirect fluid, and change out a spring from some solonoid

:hmm: interesting, but the tranny in the millenia is not the same, or its been heavily tweaked by mazda

In my untold stories book it has a bit on the development of the transmission for the S and why the car is so smooth, aka "project ZX"

shift kits shouldn't be more then 50 bucks at most, and if you can install it yourself then your golden, having someone else install though might cost several hundred, I'd still like to see the difference, but the JET chip tunes some shift points as well.

:hmm: interesting, but the tranny in the millenia is not the same, or its been heavily tweaked by mazda

In my untold stories book it has a bit on the development of the transmission for the S and why the car is so smooth, aka "project ZX"

shift kits shouldn't be more then 50 bucks at most, and if you can install it yourself then your golden, having someone else install though might cost several hundred, I'd still like to see the difference, but the JET chip tunes some shift points as well.

There is also a shift kit for GF4A-EL tranny on that same website i linked too.

could you perform this mod without having to remove the tranny, i'm not really auto tranny savvy. anyone replaced a valve body on these cars or installed a shift kit in other cars?

yes, thats the tranny used in the 2.5 base millenia, 626, mx-6, mpv, and probably some ford cars as well.

you don't have to remove the transmisson, but you have to get under the car and remove the pan and sort of dig into it, I have never done it before, I just knwo you have to replace a spring and some solonoids with shift kits.

the book seems to tell a different story, I know the bolt pattern matches up with a few trannies, but thats about it

I called my local transmission shop today, they wanted to charge me $200 for the install of the shift kit and it included a complete service, tranny flush, replace certain parts etc....

so i'm lookin at around $275 for shift kt and install....not too bad i guess if it extends tranny life. good idea to change if your changing tranny filter or have tranny problems.

if they include a tranny flush, with decent fluid then go and go it right now before thye change there minds, granted this will be alot easier to install if they have it apart to change the filter anyway.

saint - it was near the opening where they were talking about testing done in france and comparing european drivers to chink drivers to north american drivers, and they have some spline and ranted on about supercomputers

actually after reading the book I wonder if mazda holds a patent for the paint process, I know several other companies use the method now, but not sure if mazda still does due to the cost.

ah, well they did do it to all millenia's

despite what some claim the paint on any millenia is as good as overseas, the only issue is we have far more nappy headed ghetto here who abuse theres.

the cost ot make the production line equiptment is certainly expensive as the book refers to, but I'v never seen an rx-8 with the depth of a millenia, infact I have never seen a car with as much depth which is what I crave, my old M3 didn't have it, it shined, but the reflection somehow wasn't like looking into a pool of water.

my dads s600, even when ti was brand new in 01 was damn close, but it had a bit of metal flakes in it. fuck I hate metal flakes, lazy fuckers are what the people who use that are because they know there owners are 2 lazy to wash shit properly. must be why most lexuses have them.

I will say I have seen some cx-7's and cx-9's with high end paint jobs

mazda stopped using the rotating bake process, apparently

i saw a BEAUTIFUL 95 dark bluegreen L with only 78k on the clock, i mean you could have mistaken it for somethign that rolled off the truck, it was so clean inside and out, not one speck of dust, and damn the PAINT, the paint was so deep and rich, exactly as bhr says as looking into a pool of water

So I guess the millenia was the only car it was on? huh, and yes, all years, all models, so say the facts.

Another interesting note is in on of my books it mentions the paint was tested with a barcode reflection. Apparently they held up some barcode about an inch from the paint and shot the reader at the paint to scan the reflection, if the barcode could not be read the car failed inspection.

I still maintain I have the best paint of anywhere, and yes it looks like this is person. I would be willing to bet I'm the only person who bought a millenia new and kept it in a climate controlled garage at all times, never driven in snow or to beaches. Its as if it rolled of the showroom yesterday and got a excellent polish

IPB Image

Anyone considering ordering this kit and trying it out? I would've already but the intake, 2.5iin piping and tranny cooler set me back a little and i'm leaving to go to Tennessee for work, so i'm out of the milly mods for a little bit.

the company states that it doesn't boost performance, but mainly longevity... i'm sure it would be a performance kit in milly owner's eyes lol. just sounds cool to tell people you have a shift kit in your milly....haha.