98 Milly 2.5 Obd Code P1170

kidzmedic

I have been searching through several forums and i'm unable to find a clear cut or even a generel solution to my problem. Ihave managed to repair and clear all mechanical problems on my 98 Milly 2.5 that i bought 18 months ago. I really love driving it and i actually enjoy working on it. The only major mechanical problem was my timing belt tensionor was weak and the belt jump from timing. I repaired that with a problem. Since then i have had a P1170 come up. I changed the o2 sensor near the firewall with no change. The code continues to come up. Later a P1173 and P1170 came up and i changed the or sensor near the fron of the car. Now the only code that comes up is the P1170. The car runs fine for a few cycles after i clear the code but it comes back. The throttle response bogs down like if it was rich. I changed all my vacuum lines and checked the intake tube for leaks. All is fine. Any suggestions.

Oxygen sensor - no inversion detected

DTC P1170 - upper position / front bank [or front position]

[KL]

Detection Conditions

If the input voltage from the oxygen sensor remains below or above 0.45V for longer than 43 seconds, the ECM determines that there is no oxygen sensor inversion under the following monitoring conditions:

engine speed is above 1500 rpm

engine coolant temperature is above 80 degrees C

Diagnostic Support Notes

This is an continuous monitor (CCM)

The check engine indicator illuminates if the ECM detects the above malfunction condition in two consecutive drive cycle

PENDING CODE is available

FREEZE FRAME DATA is available

DTC is stored in ECM memory

Possible Causes

Oxygen sensor malfunction

Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction

Fuel injector malfunction

Fuel pressure regulator malfunction

Fuel pump malfunction

Fuel delivery hose restriction

Fuel filter restriction

Fuel return hose restriction or leakage

Intake air suction or leakage

PCV valve malfunction

Purge solenoid valve malfunction

Purge solenoid hoses misrouted

Ignition coil malfunction

Insufficient compression

Engine malfunction

Thanks for the info. I have gone over the simple stuff (O2 sensors are new, fuel filter is new, intake hose good, vacuum lines new) Question could any of these solenoids and other components cause a DTC to be stored and cause a CEL? Also could there be a leak around the intake manifold gaskets them selves or even the EGR valve?