Drilled And Slotted Brake Rotors,pads!

xedos9

Hello! I am new member of this club.My name is Ruslan. I am from Ukraine Europe. So I am sorry for my not perfect english but I'll try my best!!! I have a Mazda Xedos 9 2.5 2002 and as you all know it is twin brother for Mazda Millenia :thumbup1: ! I love this car! And I am thinking of changing my stock Brake rotors and pads on somethinig better! Here in Ukraine and Europe I couldn't find it! So I looked on E-bay, and now I need some advise to make a right choise! Which Brand is good? Did any of you try or uses now any of those Brands? Here is a couple of brands which has Drilled and slotted brake rotors,pads for Mazda Millenia:EZ Sport Brakes,R1 concept, iROTORS Performance Brakes,BrakeCo.

And one more qustion what brake pads should I get a Ceramic or Semi-Metallic and let's say I used Ceramic and than decised to try Semi-Metallic is it gonna hurt the Brake rotor? I hope I didn't make too many mistakes and you guys understood me! :) Thank you for your help!!! Have a good day!!!

I have always used Brembo, vented rotors on my cars, and ceramic pads now. I have never used slotted or drilled, as I never get my brakes hot enough to take advantage of these, as I do not race. BUT if you are going for looks then stick to drilled only, as slotted speed up wear on the pads.

Semi-metallic have a longer "warranty" on the pads, by saying that, they are usually too hard and tear up the rotors too fast.

Can you get your hands on some Xedos9 projector style head lights? I have the reflector Millenia headlights, or the older one piece projectors. But in Europe there is a newer 2 piece headlight with projectors, and I have been looking for some. But anything from Germany is so expensive.

rule of thumb - never use both x-drilled and slotted rotors, infact avoid slotted all together

going with some x-drilled rotors and an upgrade pad will really help braking, but unless you go with brembo or a will know brand everything on ebay is pretty much the same.

KVR, hawke, and porterfield are great pads for the millenia

Thanks guys! The Only MTS you are right I go more for looks and than performance because I am too not a Racer but I like speed! I'll keep my eyes open on project headlight if what I'll send you a message! I was looking for Bremo too but can't find it here! But now I know what I need Thanks again!

Thanks guys! The Only MTS you are right I go more for looks and than performance because I am too not a Racer but I like speed! I'll keep my eyes open on project headlight if what I'll send you a message! I was looking for Bremo too but can't find it here! But now I know what I need Thanks again!

KVR suckss. I bought two sets from them nd two were wrong!!

I have slotted, just for look. For best performance on street you should find solid rotors with spiral vents inside.

IPB Image

IPB Image

incorrect, I have yet to find better brakes for the millenia, but anyone going with slotted rotors doesn't know what there doing and if they have reduced braking thats not the pads. Pads are about performance first, looks 8th

I dont know if they have good pads or not because THEY SENT TWO WRONG SETS OF PADS AND I HAD TO PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING TO CANADA!!

There is only a single set of pads, and don't give me the shit about the rotors, dust hats/guards/caps don't matter.

wrong pads would be a problem with the vendor, not KVR, I ordered mine through corksport and never had a problem

///BHRpower I went on Corksport webpage and couldn't finded anything for Millenia!!! :noidea: Maybe they don't make any more for Millenia or I need to send them E-mail and ask them what I need? How you ordered yours?

There is only a single set of pads, and don't give me the shit about the rotors, dust hats/guards/caps don't matter.

wrong pads would be a problem with the vendor, not KVR, I ordered mine through corksport and never had a problem

I ordered thru f.ing kvr. I had to talk to the lady there several times who seems to not understand a thing..

KVR suckss. I bought two sets from them nd two were wrong!!

I have slotted, just for look. For best performance on street you should find solid rotors with spiral vents inside.

IPB Image

IPB Image

that's weird, i ordered kvr's for the front and had no issues... :huh: