The Dark Knight!!!

Someone seems paranoid about the government he fights to defend all the time.

BTW quick note cars equippied with On-Star can be listened into by the gov't for whatever purpose without you knowing. And with OBD III soon to come it will be all integrated with built in GPS so they can hear you and know where you are at all times.

thats creepy...

the goverment? the goverment has no need, plus there have been studies that the average american living in a metro area is captured on camera something like 7 times a day, but in britan or new york city is like 35 times a day.

no, what I can't stand is private companies taking every single bit of info and then spamming you

and steve your incorrect, you cannot listen in to on star, can the goverment listen to a conversion in the living room through your phone if its on the hook?

OBD2 no, and no purpose

what IS being considered is gps for emergnacy reasons, passive systems that is, and then active systems for

1. tax purposes (see link in water cooler)

2. tracking felons etc.

steve needs to stop getting his info from hippy watch groups who forecast what technology COULD do if pushed to the limit in 10 years and no one to stop it.

as for your dyno results, myself and several others have had dynos, so I know the exact number at the wheels a dyno would generate, and its not 210, so you do your test.

OBD 3 will be the integration of On Board Diagnosis + Complete GPS capability. OnStar already uses a similar system which is why if your CEL turns on you can call them to read the code for you over the phone.

And this was something brought up in class, where they recorded a convo in a guys car through On-Star but it wasnt valid in court.

And your cell phones can also be used as a microphone even when your not talking on it. Not your house phones cause thats just different.

actually no, your cell phones can't, atleast current ones on the market

as for on-star thats bs, and was done as a test, I know for a fact it cannot currently be done for legal and technology reasons.

as for OBD3 - I'm not fully up to speed on it and when it becomes standard, but anything with total gps tracking would be a PASSIVE system (unless you pay to be monitored like some onstar services)

I myself wuld never own on-star

Steve in researching I found this, however it seems that privacy watch groups have shot down the plan, and there are no proposals to have any OBD3 system, atleast linked as described below

"Proposals for a third generation OBD system (OBDIII) for possible introduction in the model year 2000 are now being considered. The new OBDIII system would take the repair decision away from the consumer by reporting the emissions problem direct to authorities via a radio, cellular or satellite link "

This is more or less bullcrap, "take the decision away from the consumer" you are not required by law to have an emissions passing car unless you want to drive it on the road, what about jeep owners who for example have trail only rigs, not required to even be registored or insured?

and as described, the CEL would act as a relay to trigger the signal, what happens when you have a misfire from a coil? there going to send the cops after you even though you would still pass emissions.