Are Cac Cooler Hose Clamp Important?

In my manual for a 99 Millenia S - "Air Intake System" - it has this installation note about the air coolers. I am trying to solve this P1540 code problem (I've seen the other posts), and it talks about orienting the "air hose" (btwn cooler and alum. CAC) clamps at a precise angle. I can't figure out what they mean. Its marked 60 and 125 degrees for A,B, and C clamps etc. I remember moving the clamps so they were easier to get to. I rotated them from facing the rear of the car to sticking up straight. Is this important? Could this cause a 1540 code?

In my manual for a 99 Millenia S - "Air Intake System" - it has this installation note about the air coolers. I am trying to solve this P1540 code problem (I've seen the other posts), and it talks about orienting the "air hose" (btwn cooler and alum. CAC) clamps at a precise angle. I can't figure out what they mean. Its marked 60 and 125 degrees for A,B, and C clamps etc. I remember moving the clamps so they were easier to get to. I rotated them from facing the rear of the car to sticking up straight. Is this important? Could this cause a 1540 code?

If you mean the clamps on the aluminum pipes on the top nope, only thing it could do is to tear the isolation under the hood which didnt happen to me.

If the clamps are all lined up, it coud lead to an airleak...

Which leads me back to my 1540 code problem. What would an air leak here do?

I am not sure what the exact consequences would be, but the MAF would measure the air going in and the supercharger would compress the air. The leak would cause a loss of pressure at the intake manifold which would be noticed by the MAP sensor. So it actually could be a possibility that the ECU thinks that the supercharger is not functioning as it should and throws a code for the ABV system (like your P1540). That's really just a guess though, and I would imagine the air leak would have to be pretty good size for it to happen.

Solved the 1540 code problem. It was a disconnected vacuum hose going to one of the solenoids above the right bank spark plugs. I couldn't see it until I took the CAC assembly off. Shored up some other vacuum leaks while I was at it. Same solution as someone else had. Bottom line: if you work on your S and then get a 1540 code, check the vacuum lines near the solenoids.