Another Problem. Not Surprised At All.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as there is no internal damage, just get someone to put on a new belt. It will probably cost less than a quarter of the cost of a rebuild, especially since you would have to do the timing belt job in the rebuild. It is non-interference, there will be no damage from the belt breaking or slipping alone. The only way you would need a rebuild or used engine is if something else happened and caused the belt to break/slip, but that is very unlikely.

As long as there is no internal damage, just get someone to put on a new belt. It will probably cost less than a quarter of the cost of a rebuild, especially since you would have to do the timing belt job in the rebuild. It is non-interference, there will be no damage from the belt breaking or slipping alone. The only way you would need a rebuild or used engine is if something else happened and caused the belt to break/slip, but that is very unlikely.

k. thanks for the helpful info. it kinda cooled me down.

do you have any updates? have you looked into a new belt?

if its just the timing belt then put a new one on and see where it goes, but if something else caused it to break well then...

well no belt yet just came back from out of town from a funeral. now i'm talkin 2 a guy who is sellin a 2002 s for 6,995 and tryin 2 c if i can trade mine in maybe.