Another Problem. Not Surprised At All.

Status?

Just looked over tha engine 2 day 4 any unplugged parts. I found 1 that was unhooked on tha maf sensor. That's it. Tried startin it again and it still resets tha clock everytime I try 2 start. I believe it's gotta b sumthen electrical. All power still works just not start. The click sounds it makes sounds like it's comin frum tha starter but I doubt and everybody else thinks well know dat it won't turn off tha car. My income tax should arrive anyday now. I'll go buy a meter 2 test battery, alternator,etc. I hate tha fact that my baby just sits there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Status?

Just looked over tha engine 2 day 4 any unplugged parts. I found 1 that was unhooked on tha maf sensor. That's it. Tried startin it again and it still resets tha clock everytime I try 2 start. I believe it's gotta b sumthen electrical. All power still works just not start. The click sounds it makes sounds like it's comin frum tha starter but I doubt and everybody else thinks well know dat it won't turn off tha car. My income tax should arrive anyday now. I'll go buy a meter 2 test battery, alternator,etc. I hate tha fact that my baby just sits there.

Took the car back 2 mazda tuesday. They said they were gonna call me wednesday. They haven't. When I took it back my advisor looked really,really nervous. Even stuttered a lil bit. I think the realized that they forgot 2 put oil back in my car after repairin it. This sunday will make 3 weeks since it's been driven.

Do we know for sure that they forgot to put oil back in your car after servicing it? If so, it is Mazda's fault and they have to pay for ALL repairs. Don't let them push you around at all. Be firm and also have them pay for the price of the towing if you incurred any fees there. Remain calm and firm. If they give you any shit, request the manager and keep on going up the chain of command til you reach the top. If you need a BITCHINATOR, let me know.... :mcisaman:

forgot to put oil in the car...are you joking me

more importantly why didn't the oil light come on as soon as you started it up at the dealer

So far I'm havin no bad problems yet wit tha dealer. My step dad had a truck so we rented a dolley frum uhaul and took it back ourselves. If it get 2 the point where mazda is gonna get 2 bein assholes I'll just get my lawyer. Not gonna argue with them becuz sumthem they did. As for the oil lite idk y It didn't come on. I know quite a few of my lites don't work like washer fluid,battery,coolant,oil just 2 name a few.

the millenia is an amazing car with no problems

And let me get this straight, haven't I asked multiple times about this happening, and people being lazy and waiting until 100k or more to change it

and ren, or mts, or xedos always butt in saying its fine, or that it doesn't have a timing belt/chain/piece of rope.

You should probably be able to get it going again with a new belt, maybe some extra work - people flood jeep engines all the time and manage to get them going again

in most cars the oil light comes on when theres 2 quarts or less

Got sum news. The timing belt popped and caused the engine 2 lock up??? I'm just gonna get rid of it. Sick of this fuckin car. Any other input before I get rid of it?

Did the timing belt break or skip teeth? The engine is non-interference, there will be no damage if that's all that happened. If the engine is actually locked up, something else caused it to lock up and broke/skipped the belt in the process.

I agree with matt.

Did you ever check the oil?

It wasn't over heating or anything right?

naw. everything else was okay. all the mazda dealer said was that the timing belt broke or popped(which ever) and that it casued the engine 2 lock up.

If you mean lock up as in the crankshaft won't turn, than something else caused this and probably means catastrophic engine failure, and caused the belt to break/skip. In that case, new car or new engine is the most sensible option. If the belt just broke or skipped teeth, that would cause it to not start and everything else is perfectly fine, you just need to replace the belt and it will run fine again, they have timing belt kits on ebay that are reasonably priced. Supposedly they are good quality from the comments of other forum members, and some even include the water pump.

I agree with matt.

Did you ever check the oil?

It wasn't over heating or anything right?

naw. everything else was okay. all the mazda dealer said was that the timing belt broke or popped(which ever) and that it casued the engine 2 lock up.

If you mean lock up as in the crankshaft won't turn, than something else caused this and probably means catastrophic engine failure, and caused the belt to break/skip. In that case, new car or new engine is the most sensible option. If the belt just broke or skipped teeth, that would cause it to not start and everything else is perfectly fine, you just need to replace the belt and it will run fine again, they have timing belt kits on ebay that are reasonably priced. Supposedly they are good quality from the comments of other forum members, and some even include the water pump.

i'll think about it. just spent 800 for the vcg's couple weeks ago. cheapest i found for the timing belt is around 500. also just put a passenger side axle on. $308 at pepoys.

I assume you mean 300 for both?

so let me ask this again, is there a timing belt/chain/rope/piece of string that is behind a cover, or is it merely the 2 main belts, the other being serpentine, or im I correct in that there are 2 serpentine belts and 1 timing belt which requires removing covers etc

either way - I will do all at 60k

VCG's I dread ever having to do, once I get a FSM ill debate doing it myself should it come about, but most FSM are utter garbage for repairs, all they do is give you a list of things to remove and in what order - I can look down and see that, a proper repair manual has pictures of the parts, what size bolts you need, and pictures showing the location of each bolt as well as tips and tricks from someone thats done it.

I assume you mean 300 for both?

so let me ask this again, is there a timing belt/chain/rope/piece of string that is behind a cover, or is it merely the 2 main belts, the other being serpentine, or im I correct in that there are 2 serpentine belts and 1 timing belt which requires removing covers etc

either way - I will do all at 60k

VCG's I dread ever having to do, once I get a FSM ill debate doing it myself should it come about, but most FSM are utter garbage for repairs, all they do is give you a list of things to remove and in what order - I can look down and see that, a proper repair manual has pictures of the parts, what size bolts you need, and pictures showing the location of each bolt as well as tips and tricks from someone thats done it.

"there are 2 serpentine belts and 1 timing belt which requires removing covers etc"

I have the VCG's I have ordered from Tasca. They will be going on at some point and I will be making a guide (with pictures) then. It will be the vacuum line and VCG replacement guide since the first part of the procedure is the same. I hate when the FSM says to use "the SST" to do something, but you might not have the special tool. Its easier to follow instructions from someone who has done it.

I can look down and see that, a proper repair manual has pictures of the parts, what size bolts you need, and pictures showing the location of each bolt as well as tips and tricks from someone thats done it.

It is called a Factory Service Manual... not a Idiot's guide, Repair for dumbs or Easy DIY...

In fact, in the FSM, it clearly says that the manual is intended for Mazda Trained Technicians in mind.

task - but thats not the issue, infact it makes FSM look even more retarded.

an experianced mechanic, factory trained or not should be able to find the part and visually see what needs to be removed in order to replace it - along with the specs for things.

This makes a factory manaul which just lists the parts rather insulting, and useless - what do you think happened the first time a mazda tech had to replace some VCG's, its not a question of what to remove, its how to remove it, especially hidden bolts that can turn a 20 minute removel into a 45 minute removel.

How to remove?

Clearly shows you're not a mechanic... and not even a seasoned DIYer.

A experienced mechanics does not need to know how to remove a wheel or how to balance a tire. But instead, he needs to know the wheel nuts' torque value of specific car, the tolerance for unbalanced weight of the wheel... that's the kind of info you find in a FSM.

Hidden bolts that turns a 20 mins job into and hour... an experienced mechanic visually sees that!

no task, they do not. Especially on a millenia. Reinstall, especially tqing bolts is the easiest piece of shit in the world combined with common sense, removel is the issue.

and I'm not talking about mechanics, I'm talking about people who buy a FSM and praise it as this great repair manual when its not.