Crap

Yesterday driving home I saw smoke coming out of the hood, temp gauge rise to 3/4.

Parked and soon after theres a huge puddle of coolant on the road, tank is almost empty. While this is happening I can hear a hissing sound from the back right of the engine bay and see some coolant spraying out from the engine.

I couldn't see where it's coming from... but are there any hoses running in the back right of a 2.5 that are out of easy view... or is this possibly a gasket problem?

I'm having it taken and checked out tomorrow, but do you all have any info/guesses?

I wouldn't worry about gaskets too much before you really check it out. Usually its hoses that go and it sounds like it was dumping coolant pretty quickly. I have thought before that I had a leaking gasket and it turns out to be a hose.

I thought it just opened up quickly which is usually a bad hose, but they can also start slow too - a slow leak does not mean it is a gasket.

165,000 miles. I'm not sure specifically where it was leaking from. I couldn't see :/ since it seemed like the area it was coming from was kinda recessed in the engine bay.. but somewhere in the back right.

I should know for sure tomorrow. I'm having my mechanic check it out to be safe.

i bet this is going to cost a few hundred, oh wait its an L, so maybe not

if it is a hose, it costs about $15-20 plus maybe $10 in coolant. Getting the level back to normal can be a pain, so in all you will probably pay $30 plus 30 minutes to 1 hour of labor.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday driving home I saw smoke coming out of the hood, temp gauge rise to 3/4.

Parked and soon after theres a huge puddle of coolant on the road, tank is almost empty. While this is happening I can hear a hissing sound from the back right of the engine bay and see some coolant spraying out from the engine.

I couldn't see where it's coming from... but are there any hoses running in the back right of a 2.5 that are out of easy view... or is this possibly a gasket problem?

I'm having it taken and checked out tomorrow, but do you all have any info/guesses?

same thing happened to my S is it the same thing?...oh and now it dosn't start i think it was the head gasket