Left Front Cat And Strut Replacement

Not a big deal really, just a few bolts. jack up the car and do it. Why are you replacing just one? usually its all 4 together

then compress the spring, remove the old strut, install the new one. It would be DIY except for compressing the springs, you still can do it yourself, but I just don't like the idea of them being under so much force. A shop should have a set price for struts. I have heard lowering spring (for all 4) install quotes around $200 labor, same work involved for changing struts, so that's probably pretty accurate for that. Parts are dealer only for the front (check parts.com) and the rears can be bought aftermarket at rockauto.com, the brand is KYB.

As far as the cat, look at this one (eBay Link) then just find a place to install. That or go to an exhaust shop and ask how much to get a set of headers made. That route is probably going to be much more expensive though, but a performance upgrade.

im not replacing just one, all 4 of my struts need replacing. and thats the big prob for me the spring compression, do i need to compress them to change the struts? i was thinking on goin with some new lowering springs as well. Who got there headers done? and how much was that?

If you wanted to do some of the work, you could remove the spring/strut assembly from the car and bring them to a shop to compress and swap the strut. The struts hold the springs in place, when you take off the top center nut, that's when the spring compressors are needed. I don't know how much labor you would really save on that. The good thing is the job is pretty straightforward, so you can pretty much go wherever you can get a good price. The third option is to do the group buy of coilovers, that would give you 4 new struts and 4 new lowering springs all assembled. Then the install is doable yourself. By the time you buy all 4 struts and lowering springs at good prices you are probably looking at at least $800 before labor, the coilover buy is a little over $900.

thanks for the link...is this the front left?

yes it is

i got offered $900 for the install of a new front left cat. converter (they buy the part for $580, and charge $300 for install) what you think? i found the cat. on ebay for $279, if my friends dad could install it for $300 it would be $600 but he's being an ass and like wont take my piece idk i need to talk to him....whats your offer

I think that may be the post cat sensor, not 100% sure, but its easy enough to guess and test. Follow the guides I posted to make the sparkplug non-fouler able to work with the O2 sensor. Then you can try it on the bottom one first and clear the code. If it comes back you could try on the upper sensor instead.