Xedos 9 Parts And Millennia Parts

Will Milennia S parts fit my 1998 Xedos 9 (Miller 2.3l) ?

In particular I need a new driveshaft (passenger side in UK.) Dealer wants over £400 GBP + 15% tax and no delivery date. US suppliers charge around $120 for the part inc shipping + import costs mean I'd be looking at £150 to import from US, however one site did say that parts were not suitable. Is this true for driveshafts?

All help appreciated.

Most parts will fit. Some exhaust parts will not, for example the downpipes have no precats on the Xedos, and the ECU is probably different. There are also some interior parts that differ, like steering wheel and seat heating switches. The remote is also different, as well as the bootlid locking system (remote opener instead of lock pushbutton).

Mainly regular maintenance parts like suspension parts, axles, wheel bearings, brake parts, tranny and engine parts, filters and belts fits. What you'll need to order parts is a Millenia VIN #.

Most parts will fit. Some exhaust parts will not, for example the downpipes have no precats on the Xedos, and the ECU is probably different. There are also some interior parts that differ, like steering wheel and seat heating switches. The remote is also different, as well as the bootlid locking system (remote opener instead of lock pushbutton).

Mainly regular maintenance parts like suspension parts, axles, wheel bearings, brake parts, tranny and engine parts, filters and belts fits. What you'll need to order parts is a Millenia VIN #.

Many Thanks for responding so quickly, really pleased to know Millenia and Xedos 9 parts are mostly compatible (as I suspected). For info my Xedos 9 miller has precats (2) as well as an underbody cat. Ordered 3 beck arnley coil packs a few weeks ago from Amazon.com (US) as in UK they (mazda badged part) cost £200 inc vat each! US parts $100 each + $100 shippinjg to UK. Total less than half UK price! Did not supply a VIN# but then I did not order from Mazda.

If I cannot get a part in UK I may order both sides from a US site as there seem to be quite a few there and then ship to UK, two week lead time though.

Assuming RHD and LHD has the same axles it should fit. Keep in mind that there are two different axles used. Measure the axle nut size. As long as it matches, the rest should match as well. You can measure it by removing the plastic center cap on the rim.

Thanks for responding so quickly, yep appreciate n/s and o/s axles not the same, and of course n/s for me is o/s for USA and vice versa. probably order both sides from a supplier, can you recommend a good non dealer supplier at all? I have seen thepartsbin.com, partstrain.com, and quite a few more?

Definitely go with raxles.com . I bought 2 axles for my brother and one for myself. I think the build quality is much better than OEM. They use silicone boots and amsoil synthetic oil. Marty is the owner IIRC. He ships to outside US as well.

Thanks again Saint, have emailed them for a quote. BTW also looking at remanufactured in UK now to save time as shipping to UK might take 2weeks or more.

Definitely go with raxles.com . I bought 2 axles for my brother and one for myself. I think the build quality is much better than OEM. They use silicone boots and amsoil synthetic oil. Marty is the owner IIRC. He ships to outside US as well.

Thanks again Saint, have emailed them for a quote. BTW also looking at remanufactured in UK now to save time as shipping to UK might take 2weeks or more.

Make sure you find a high quality one. BTW raxle axles and not re-manufactured and will cost around $180/ea if you dont return the cores. The cores saves you around $60/ea. Why are you in a hurry? Is it driveable?

Make sure you find a high quality one. BTW raxle axles and not re-manufactured and will cost around $180/ea if you dont return the cores. The cores saves you around $60/ea. Why are you in a hurry? Is it driveable?

yes car drives but pretty loud knocking coming from underneath on acceleration and also deceleration, also when car goes into dip in road. Noise goes away when coasting in neutral. I need the car at Christmas hence the urgency.

yes car drives but pretty loud knocking coming from underneath on acceleration and also deceleration, also when car goes into dip in road. Noise goes away when coasting in neutral. I need the car at Christmas hence the urgency.

Are you sure its the axles? How many miles/kms? I changed my left axle thinking it was going bad. Turns out to be it was still good but my engine and tranny mount is bad. I still have some clicking/knocking noise under acceleration. Mounts are on the wait list to be changed.

Are you sure its the axles? How many miles/kms? I changed my left axle thinking it was going bad. Turns out to be it was still good but my engine and tranny mount is bad. I still have some clicking/knocking noise under acceleration. Mounts are on the wait list to be changed.

yes there is a small chance the gearbox could be the problem, the auto shop drove it around with microphones placed in various positions to locate the problem, the driveshaft/inner cup was their diagnosis. Car has done almost 100k miles. Sound is really bad, can feel it through the floor! cannot be described as clicking in my case.

if it is an engine mount, tis very easy to tell. put the car in park, set the hand brake and raise the hood/bonnet. have a partner stand to the side of the car looking at the engine while you push down on the gas pedal. The engine will rise up from the torque and drop back down when you let your foot off the gas if it is a mount. This I know from past experience (front mount).

Any updates on this one?

Hi, yes but not good at this stage, car still off road. Sent left side driveshaft to be remanufactured as this would be quicker than sourcing and importing new one from US. Not cheap at £200 ($320.) Went away Tuesday evening (8th Dec) came back Friday 11th. Saturday was called by garage, outer cv joint (which was replaced by factory) does not quite fit and is locked to wheel hub, i.e hub will not spin. Axle off again and today (Tuesday 15th) replacement from factory should arrive at garage for second attempt. Very annoyed at this because I will have to pay twice, removal and replacement of axle. Hope it works this time. Hope I can recover the extra expense from axles factory, important though to finish the job before I try to recover funds.

No leads on scrapyard parts either.

Raxles want $180 + $98 to ship to UK (10 day lead time)

Update in a few days (I hope good news!)

if it is an engine mount, tis very easy to tell. put the car in park, set the hand brake and raise the hood/bonnet. have a partner stand to the side of the car looking at the engine while you push down on the gas pedal. The engine will rise up from the torque and drop back down when you let your foot off the gas if it is a mount. This I know from past experience (front mount).

Thanks for the advice, when the car comes back from garage and replacement axle will check as above for mount issues.

So raxle wanted $280 and you paid $320 for reman? Also keep in mind you would never know how long a reman axle will last. It can last at short as none, as happened. And since labor is not cheap there as well you would want to use quality parts and do the job once. You should also follow this for the future otherwise xedos will eat your lunch.

So raxle wanted $280 and you paid $320 for reman? Also keep in mind you would never know how long a reman axle will last. It can last at short as none, as happened. And since labor is not cheap there as well you would want to use quality parts and do the job once. You should also follow this for the future otherwise xedos will eat your lunch.

Yes, money is a factor but lead times also a major factor, as it happens reman supplied provided part that did not fit properly (inner cup lip was out by 1 mm) so a new one was dispatched within 1 working day. This has fitted and my car back on road. Only two hours labour charged and one of those hours was the fitting/removal of the shaft that was not within tolerance. Will try to recover this from shaft supplier. Shaft has two year warranty.

One question, every time the car was on the ramp (front wheels down) and then lowered to the floor the knocking sound went away for a day or so, but then came back. Any ideas ?

Always knew Xedos was a wallet eater, would have been a lot worse via dealers, already spent same amount purchasing the car on maintenance and fixes this year, over £1500. Next year need to replace 3 rear bank ignition coils (one is shorting out), garage reckons 30mins for the job, doubt that for sure! Also needs new o/s lower ball joint and will need timing belt (for my peace of mind.)