My Car Is Shaking

Hello all. I brought my car to Fairway Mazda in Savannah yesterday for a gas leak smell. It was something with the EVAP called a purge valve solenoid. It was having a terrible smelling of gas when I shut the car off and sometimes when I crank it up. But my real problem of this post is because when I accelerate my car shakes and then as I drive around 50 mph it doesn't shake, or when I drive 70 on the interstate. It just does it when I accelerate. The shop at home is telling me that it is a CV axle that it does it when the front tires are spinning, etc. I thought it was a bent rim? Any suggestions. Throttle body, Engine mounts, Transmission mounts???

Thanks for all the help.

it idles perfect, accelerates like normal...everything like normal except the shaking, and the whole car shakes but then after I get going good it still has a the slightest vibration...it's so weird.

it shakes my whole seat when i'm accelerating and then it just gets annoying...how much of a headache is it to replace the motor or tranny mounts?? and how expensive? I'm just trying to make it ride like butter again.

the easy test to see if its a motor/tranny mount is to open the hood....then start the milly....put her in gear and and rev the motor with your foot hard on the brake....try it in rev and drive...if you see some major movement up or down on the motor then the mount(s) are broken.....It'll lift from the front of back of the motor....I've seen one lift almost 2 inches.....

• 2 months later...

the easy test to see if its a motor/tranny mount is to open the hood....then start the milly....put her in gear and and rev the motor with your foot hard on the brake....try it in rev and drive...if you see some major movement up or down on the motor then the mount(s) are broken.....It'll lift from the front of back of the motor....I've seen one lift almost 2 inches.....

i got the same problem. after i had my motor swapped i had all my mounts changed but it shakes bad until i get up more speed. besides that, my supercharger is done. thank god i got another one just have to save up the $ to put it on. it's really slow for the rental car season right now. i barely work.