A New Record, And New Pics

A new record even by my standards, 247.3 miles...FOR A YEAR!!! This makes BHR and the millenia very happy. Took it on a 35 mile round trip today, including visiting the waterfront where my specially reserved parking space, the one I reserved in 1999 still sits with my name and "parking only" spraypainted on the concrete in red.

Everyday every rower in the area would come up the hill after practice and BAM, see the millenia sitting and shinning.

Weather was exceptionally perfect, not too bright, about 77 degrees with slight breeze and zero humidity. Drive consisted on some back country roads, tight corning and a good amount of back country highway. Of course afterwards it was washed and dried with only the finest virgin spun wool wash mit and drying towels. Now I'll go and do the leather, vacuum and interior before starting on exterior waxing before sealing in capsule until march.

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

I do not use microfiber wash mits on the millenia, I use spin gold. Microfiber is actually one of the worst things you can wash a car with, it removes and traps dirt, but thats the problem. It traps it so that you wash the car with more and more junk ruining paint since it doesn't really clean out.

Spun gold wool is actually softer then microfiber, holds more water, and cleans out very well.

lat - I'm not sure of the brand but might still have the label. It was pretty pricey, 12 dollars for the mit. BUT the pocket isn't just cheap cloth, its actually a waterproof leather type thing. waterproof and everything so you can wash in extreme cold without getting your hand freezing cold.

That being said I use a meguiers microfiber wash mit on the jeep and audi since they are daily drivers. BUT I never scrub hard and since they are washed often and the mit is replaced it gets me by.

I always buy a brand new microfiber drying towel for the millenia EVERY time I wash it, then after its 1 use of drying and 1 use of dusting I use it on audi, then after that I use on Jeep. Then once Jeep has used it for a season its used for only dusting and interior polishing.