Why Why Why!!!! Damnit Why

God damn it, NOTHING for months, even years when I was able to, now BOOM. that 01 Silver S in perfect shape pops up for sale now just a few weeks later an 02 S-SE comes up for sale, half decent mileage but an amazing, amazing price, and only 30 freakin miles from me. I don't have the money or the space at this time, WTF

loan

loan [lōn]

noun (plural loans)

1. money lent: an amount of money given to somebody on the condition that it will be paid back later

2. lending: the act of letting somebody use something temporarily

3. linguistics Same as loanword

transitive verb (past and past participle loaned, present participle loan·ing, 3rd person present singular loans)

△lend something: to allow somebody to borrow something on the condition that it is returned

Loan me five bucks, will you?

[12th century. < Old Norse lán]

on loan

1. being lent or borrowed

2. working at a temporary location because additional help or expertise is needed there

loan or lend?

If you are letting somebody else temporarily use physical property or money of yours, it is quite acceptable, especially in less formal contexts, to use the verb loan, as in I loaned him some lunch money. In more formal settings lend is by far the safer choice: According to the terms of this agreement, we will lend you the stipulated amount of cash. The verb loan can be used only with reference to the temporary lending of physical property or assets. If the context is not literal or physical, lend is the only choice: The evidence lends [not loans] credence to the witness's previous testimony.The subtle use of strings lends [not loans] fluidity to the composition.

See borrow.

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

you people don't understand, its engine remains in perfect condition, it will be able to run perfectly 100 years from now. It will NEVER fade from glory, it will be eternal and frozen in its perfect state.

It's like comparing james dean to marlon brando. James dean will always be cool and always be the way he way, never fat, old, tired and sad looking

...no, you think I treat it like an piece of shit lexus and let it sit outside?

carcapsule means zero moisture so nothing to rust, as a test I always check the brake rotors. Longest it has ever sat was alittle over 6 months without being started. ZERO rust on even the brake rotors which would be the very first thing.

Biggest issue is usually fuel, those fucks that store a tank almost full to prevent tank rust are the ones with issues. Its a plastic/rubber tank but I keep it almost empty and with fuel stablizer, then 5 gallons of ultra fresh from the pump go in when starting.

Its perfect. I admit there will come a day when I need to replacing some vacuum lines from age at which point I will upgrade to MCE green silicone hoses...infact that might be a spring project

...no, you think I treat it like an piece of shit lexus and let it sit outside?

carcapsule means zero moisture so nothing to rust, as a test I always check the brake rotors. Longest it has ever sat was alittle over 6 months without being started. ZERO rust on even the brake rotors which would be the very first thing.

Biggest issue is usually fuel, those fucks that store a tank almost full to prevent tank rust are the ones with issues. Its a plastic/rubber tank but I keep it almost empty and with fuel stablizer, then 5 gallons of ultra fresh from the pump go in when starting.

Its perfect. I admit there will come a day when I need to replacing some vacuum lines from age at which point I will upgrade to MCE green silicone hoses...infact that might be a spring project

mce green silicone??? where would you get it

The don dazzler returns!!!!

Don/Lat

It's a small post in one of the tech section threads here I saw along time ago. Someone was replacing all there vacuum lines and found a place that does colored ones. Red/blue/purple/green/white whatever. The green is almost perfect. I can't go through the whole thread....thats why when I see something I plan on down the road I make a note in my official car tracking spreadsheet :shifty:

I take planning to a whole different level

In my notes I have

"Silicone vacuum hoses (Green from Samco) (boostcontroller.com) purchase 30 ft (21 used) 4mm hose with 3.2mm thick walls. estimated cost 40 dollars"

And

"Brass barbed t-fittings (McMaster.com) part number 44555K137 6 tee's. Estimated cost 15 dollars"

Not sure what the T's were for, I assume I planned on replacing what I found as well as adding a boost gauge.