Knocking Sensor!?

xedos9

You'll have a LOT more power on low and midrange after replacement, if you have code P0325, knock sensor malfunction. By no means a torque monster, more like finally, it doesn't feel like a 1,5 litre anymore.

I didn't see what code it was. Guy who tested my car sad that my knocking sensor doesn't respond at all, like it not even there. I hope after when I'll replace my bad knock sensor, it will run like you saying!

Not really. I've had the codes read only once and this was the single issue. In fact the first code ever, after 150k km. But the codes are the same as the Milly.

I have passed 190.000 km and this is my first big issue with this car! By the way X-man alot of people starts tell me that I should watch the catalysts. Because at this point time and this amount of kilometers that my car has passed, they going bad and the only one thing you can do, it is only replacement! Is it right!? You can't clean them!? Plus as far as I know that from 2001 to 2003 Xedos 9 has three catalysts! So I think can I or mechanic man some how to check which one out of three went bad!? Like I think it should show on mechanic's scanner, am I right!?

I have only one cat. No issues so far, currently 200k km. Here we have state inspection every second year (approved shops can do it as well). Either it passes for emissions and other things, or it doesn't. I don't think 200k should be any problem at all for the cats. Possibly every other O2 sensor but that is also rare here, as long as there are no other engine issues. As far as I'm concerned, these parts should last the car out with normal maintenance. The exhaust should smell next to nothing when the engine is warm, that is my personal emission test :)

I have only one cat. No issues so far, currently 200k km. Here we have state inspection every second year (approved shops can do it as well). Either it passes for emissions and other things, or it doesn't. I don't think 200k should be any problem at all for the cats. Possibly every other O2 sensor but that is also rare here, as long as there are no other engine issues. As far as I'm concerned, these parts should last the car out with normal maintenance. The exhaust should smell next to nothing when the engine is warm, that is my personal emission test :)

Ok! Thanks alot!