Will A 95 Left Front Door Latch/actuater Fit A 00?

Frankzao

A bit of squealing noise no.....a whole heck of a lot of squealing noise. The rear passenger lock made a similar noise when it wouldn't unlock. I replaced it a few years back. Then a month later the rear driver's side started the same thing. I still haven't replaced it yet. Now I have to do both. :(

• 1 month later...

the used ones are installed and are working nice. The left Rear is from a 96 and the front drivers is from a 99...... and each were $10 from a junk yard......well worth the hassle if you ask me EVEN IF I have to replace them again. But I did read on the pissbucket.com site that one could turn the gear counterclockwise a quarter turn and get it to work again.....since I have 3 non-working locks I think I shall tinker and experiment. I'll take pics if it works.

On a related note: the only original lock in my car is now the front passenger side one. They are having a 50% off sale at the pick it part junk yard tomorrow. I think I shall have to go pick me up one. And a set of coil packs I saw on an S there.....

anyone else need parts?

other posts split to new topic

coil packs can be bastard assholes, on audi I got exact same oem parts, stamped oem, etc and so forth, problem is the chink made ones had just a hair different resistance then german made ones so they threw a weird misfire CEL with no misfire.

Millenia does not seem to have such problems

p.s does it sound like a squealing noise? almost like the sound of a power drill? if so that is the regulator, but no repair really exists

Hmm u may be right then.......

2 of the ones that failed would manually work in both directions but would only stay locked or unlocked with the fob....

The drivers door wouldn't lOck with the fob but u could manually lock the car

Then 3 weeks later it wouldn't lock at all manually or otherwise