Cry02 Sprayers?

So I was talking to came1 and he brought up Cry02 sprayers.

Now on my millenia I already have water sprayers which do not increase power, but they certain protect it from being stolen, I use distilled water and it works well. Now a cry02 system, while slightly more expensive the concept is the same, however I worry about using it. I mean it would basically freeze the intercooler. While this may be great, and on a front mount intercooler I would probably try it. I'm weary ot doing this in the millenia due to the postion of intercooler, all it would take is few drops ot get together, fall onto the block and who knwos what.

Now currently I have it spraying the rear intercooler through a nozzle in the intercooler piping mounted behind the battery, cry02 there would freeze the plastic, made it horrible brittle, and crack and ruin it, hmm.

In the front its setup in the hood duckwork to get max coverage of the intercooler, again I worry about the plastic freeze, cracking, breaking and then extra cry02 getting itself on the engine

Not to mention just pouring some bottled water in a hidden tank is easier then having a bottle in the trunk under pressure and piping it.

So what do you guys think, this would not only save hp, but probably give you some more by lowering intake temps up to 60% from the given air temp

i think the Cry02 system should be used with the fmic when/if u go on and complete that project. the system is known to increase power due to the extreme drop in temperature of the air. therefore, the air is denser?( i think thats right). with the fmic, u dont have to worry about the plastic cracking and the cry02 would be far enough that the pessurized gas will have a less likely chance that it would reach critical engine parts.

If you go with this, you better have the fuel control to go with it. with the decreased intake temps you are going to need to be able to tune the car or you are going to not see any good gains with anything like this.... the downside is that a chip woln't work because you woln't be consistantly running the sprayer...

given the choice I would rather have a FMIC setup that would work better ALL the time than a setup that will work pretty good SOME of the time...

• 1 month later...