Point Me In the Right Direction (pics)

jluster05

Indeed, however I did not know the location of it on the L.

When I cleaned mine I used some brake cleaner and a wire brush, spinning lightly. However I did remove mine completly. Once done I simply rinsed, dried with a rag, let it sit for about 20 minutes to fully dry, then reinstalled

was that removing the entire egr valve its self or the ports shown below

IPB Image

am i in the right direction...the little ports behind the throttle body is whats causing the error code? so cleaning that (the pic above) should solve my problem?

am i in the right direction...the little ports behind the throttle body is whats causing the error code? so cleaning that (the pic above) should solve my problem?

Wow, those pics are disgusting.

Anyhow, removing the EGR valve is easy in theory (but can be difficult in practice).

1. Unplug vacuum hose from valve

2. Disconnect connector from the position sensor (attached at top of egr)

3. Unscrew the big nut from bottom (this can be difficult if very corroded) the size is 23mm (very stupid fucking size).

4. Unscrew the two 12mm bolts holding it to manifold

5. Pull off of manifold being careful not to lose the gasket that sits between the valve and the manifold.

This can be anywhere between a 5 min. job and a 1 hr. job. It all depends on the condition of the 23mm nut. When putting that nut back, lace it with high temp antiseize.

Further, to prevent that shit build-up in the intake, get a catch can.