brake problem

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the tcs off light is on but it is not my fluid cause it is fresh as a matter of fact the whole tranny is fresh it came out of a milly with 75.000 miles on it but the car was totaled so i snagged the tranny since mine was bad and it did that when i put it in if you clear the code (not sure how this is going off the only person i trust to touch my car my cousin/go to auto guy) he said it would run through first but as soon as it go's to shift into second it hits 3rd and stays there and the hold light starts flashing and the tcs off light comes on

well i have another tranny setting all nice and good to go but im waiting to see if it is actualy bad if not i will have a tranny for sale soon but the hold light flashes it isnt solid but it will rev over 2000rom we had it up to 3500rpm seeing if it would shift i will check the vacuum lines with a diagram and the install has been check by 5 people now and no one can think of the problem and i miss driving my milly so bad but it will be a few days befor i can check it out

That's not normal. When it's a vacuum line (or solenoid) then it should be both the TCS and TCS OFF lights that appear. The hold light is reserved for transmission related problems such as shift solenoids or pressure solenoids. If you're getting both hold and tcs, then I foresee unhappiness in your future.

well if you mean the original problim witht he tranny it got busted from where i live there are some manhole covers the are like 6-8 inches deep cause of the people the re paved the road they did not dig/valley around them and just made them deeper and i had no choice but to hit one and some how my tranny got cracked at the mount i did not know the transmision/motor mount was bad be for hand or i would have fixed it