brake problem

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shift solenoids aren't hard to replace. Drop the tranny pan, and you're staring at their housing. As for the tranny harness, all 3 (or 4 can't remember) meet up at the rear intercooler. Make sure all the connectors there are tightly plugged into each other before doing anything dramatic. And given the choice between replacing a solenoid in the tranny, or replacing the entire tranny...I'd go with the $80 solenoid. Even in the 'S' the tranny isn't hard to replace, but 4 hours replacing a tranny or 1 hour replacing solenoids...should be a no brainer.

I timed myself last time I took a KL engine and tranny out...3 hours. Don't kid yourself, Mazda mechanics don't spend 9 hours replacing the tranny, they just charge you that because alldata tells them to. If they spend more than 5 hours then it's because they have a dumb apprentice doing it.

Shift solenoids aren't hard to replace. Drop the tranny pan, and you're staring at their housing.

yep. when they dropped the pan I saw 2 of the solonoids sitting there, i didnt have time to look at it more because they shooed me away

Of course, they'd have a hard time justifying charging 4 hours labour for 45 min. of work. In that housing there are 4 solenoids, 3 shift solenoids (a, b, and c or 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4) plus an additional pressure solenoid.