Cel Code P0302

Ok ran a search and nothing came up.

I went to AutoZone and the guy there pulled my CEL code for me "P0302". The read out said "Cylinder #2 misfire". Anyone know if this is correct? What else could it be?

Also if it is this, then on my 00 Milly S, I would need to change the coil pack, wire, and/or plug?

The problem is intermittant, could it be anything else? Just courious.

P302 IS cylinder #2 misfire. You're lucky, thats in the front of the engine (radiator side) on the passenger side. Remove the intercooler, and remove the coilpack on that cylinder and the one beside. Now swap them and put everything back. If the misfire moves to #4, then you know it's the coilpack. If it stays on #2, then you know it isn't the coilpack.

Read these:

*Deleted by Administrator* - We have our own copies that are more detailed

If you have a multimeter you may even measure the resistances before touching any bolt. If you take out the coils, would you measure the resistances? It will help us and others in future..

I figured that. thanks though. I'll switch the coil packs then get back to you.

But what if it's not? Is there a replaceable cable or is it attached to the coil pack?

edit:

ups, forbidden url. sorry man...

My CEL turned off on it's on. This ever happen to anyone else?

Sounds like you may have one of those random loose wires. Those usually cause random CELs. Same with Nub's random ones... likely a slight vacuum leak.

I guess 5/32" (=3.96875mm) is the way to go. I have 5/32 waiting to be installed at home.. Originally they are 4mm as Ren wrote somewhere (Japan use SI units as the rest of the world does).. I am thinking of heating the ends with a lighter before installing. This will help to fit easily... $0.7/ft at advanceauto.

For misfire problem: You might be able to measure the resistance of coil2 without taking it out..

WOOHOO! 10 feet is great. and now wats the diameter of those hoses? it was mentioned b4 but alas...i couldnt find it.

http://www.siliconhoses.com/content.asp?in...2VC&loc=com

is that good?

well i wanna replace mine with silicon hoses and its not that expensive. hence...the link above. so it must be 4 mm eh? nice

http://www.bakerprecision.com/hosetech.htm

here is a better website. sooo 20 bucks for 10 feet of silicone hoses...not bad at all. and yes...im going with black and not red and blue and SILVER? wth.

Man its less than a buck per foot in advancedauto...

well i wanna replace mine with silicon hoses and its not that expensive. hence...the link above. so it must be 4 mm eh? nice

http://www.bakerprecision.com/hosetech.htm

here is a better website. sooo 20 bucks for 10 feet of silicone hoses...not bad at all. and yes...im going with black and not red and blue and SILVER? wth.