Code P1540?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going away till wednesday, but im leaving my car home because my dad is going to drop it off at my mech. and he's gonna take it and hook it up to the comp. and drive it around, if he can't find anything wrong with it i'll either ask mazda or just get those ABV's changed...

idk i wouldnt go to mazda anyway. It seems that if you keep this car you will have to invest more money. You may consider buying a honda/ toyota. Seriously going to mazda everytime will cost a lot. And your mechanic doesnt give a good impression as well..

the diagnostic is where they pull the code which is general and investigate to find the cause.

you'll spend a lot of money going to mazda, even to your mechanic in general, if you learn more about the engine then you'll be fixing most of your problems yourself, and you'll have more money to put into things you want for the car and not need. my dealer wanted 80 dollars for a diagnostic and when the found out out what was wrong parts and labor on top of that. I paid 20 dollars for the code, which was ridiculous, and left, I found the problem and got a couple feet of vacuum hose for free from autozone and fixed it.

Has anybody had the problem i describe? The cars tsc light coming on and not being able to go above 3000 rpm's when reved???

Yes it's vacuum related, no doubt. Your mechanic may not be a retard, but he's no miller guru either. Either your hoses, the solenoids, or the shutter valve itself (doubtful) are fucked up. I guarantee mts or myself would have it fixed in less than 1/2 an hour, including a coffee/8eer break.