New H.u. For My Milly

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's hooked up and the power works but there is no sound coming from the speakers....IDK wtf is wrong, we hooked all the right speaker wires up!!! Do you need to use the factory power wire that is already connected to the stock bose unit? The black square thing? cause i'm currently not and the power works fine but no sound!!!! Anyone know what might be wrong?

I've read that some Millenias / 800s have an amplifier seperate to the head unit - if this is the case for you, your new headunit may not be compatable with this internal amp seeing as the HU already has an amplifier, or it may not be wired to the remote lead to switch this original amp on.

OR, your new HU's internal amplifier could be turned off - read through the manual or go through the configuration menu to see if it has this option.

HTH, G.

01+ Milly's had 2 amps for Bose equipped vehicles. One is dedicated to the 6" sub, the other is on the passenger side behind the carpet attached to the sheetmetal.

I got it, it works great, it was the antenae wire thing that need to be hooked up because it acts as the amp for the speakers...

One last thing what would be a good set of speakers for it?

:noidea: Something doesn't sound right here, unless the 00 and older Millys had a ground seperate from the main radio harness. If the system energized with an antenna touching the radio chassis, a ground isn't connected, and the radio is grounding to the mounting point for the antenna. If this is the case, the FM tuner on the stereo is going to slowly die out. Make sure that small antenna you are talking about connects to chassis ground on the other end. The smaller diameter antenna lead is part of the diversity antenna built into the rear window.

Looks awesome btw. If any of these headunit manufacturers would start making decent SQ double din units again I'd probably get one. Your lucky now if they even include a 3 band EQ, much less electronic crossovers.

yes I like it in the back glass, and I even like the new shark fins on the back of the cars now for XM, are automakers making that antenna have reception for FM radio now too? that would be neat