Headers

I don't know if the KJ engine has the same manifold as the KL, but has anyone tried these:

http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/product.php?part_no=H-KLZE

I've also found the same item for AU$449 plus shipping on ebay.com.au - could actually be the same seller as that website, I don't know but they're both in Australia.

So for $500 AU = US$450 - you should be able to pick these up easily.

From my experience, a complete exhaust system on a 4 cylinder is AU$800 to 1100 (US700-1000) but that's with pre-made headers. Custom headers would add a good bit more and then even more on a V engine.

oops, just found this US site listing the same headers for US$295:

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1429

btw, "My experience" prices mentioned included fitting.

Graham, those are the headers that I have on my mx6. For the price, they can't be beat. They're stainless, and the welds are fantastic. The only problem with them is the gaskets that come with them are shit, you're better off getting new stock gaskets.

And yes, those would bolt right up to a KJ. The only problem (on both milly models) is the crossmember clearance. You would have to modify the collector on those so it becomes one pipe sooner, and then has the bend to it that will clear the crossmember. Add another $250 to the price of those and you're set.

For the 'S' the difference would be more substantial than that of the 'L'. Reason is that the 'L' doesn't have expensive assed restrictive precats. Not to mention the 'S' has unequal length tubes stock...cheap. I'd say a minimum 15hp increase. A small detail that will have to be addressed will be the o2 sensors. The primaries already have bungs in them for the upstream sensors, the downstream will have to be relocated after the main cat to avoid a CEL.

If I had a milly, they would already be there. Not only for performance gains, but the cost of headers is less than the cost of replacing the precats (which suck balls anyway).

hmm. I would really like to do this if possible, especially if its just a 295 header and then say 100-150?? for modifying it.

Would the outlet still be 2.5 before the precats? I was thinking the following would be my complete exhaust

headers

high flow cat

remus exhaust

2.5" piping the whole way

I assume its 295 for both sides.

I don't want to, nor do I have the funds to be the guniea pig at this time, HOWEVER, if someone eles (mts?) gets this done with success I will be the first person in line, all I would probably need is the specs of how to change the headers for the crossbeam and I guess the o2 sensors?

any idea on how much it would cost to mod the headers and relocate the o2 sensors...and hope it passes emissions.

ren...are you saying you could mod the headers linked to to work (cross member, bung relocation etc)

If its possible to create a set of headers my exhaust shop could more or less bolt on to my custom exhaust (2.5) remove the precats and go with only high flow cat, resonator, and muffler well then hot damn.

name your price for parts, labor, and shipping.

I'd still like the big brake kit, but I feel this would be a bigger leap forward in millenia performance.

You guys don't realize...I don't have a millenia.

I could make them, and they would fit, but I don't have a car to test them on unless MTS gave me his car for a weekend and I made a batch of them. Even that, I'd first have to get the mx6 ones here (I'm not taking mine off my car). The only two restrictions I can think of are the egr tube, and the headers rubbing against the fans. Given the width of the precats I don't think they'll rub the fans, and in the odd chance they did one of the fans would have to be replaced with slim fans ($60). The egr tube I already have a work around for. Incidentally, I have to do this on my car since my original design proved flawed.

Ren, ill make you a deal, if you can truely do this, getting everything to be bolt on, including the o2 etc, and then it'll bolt to a 2.5 exhaust I will pay to send a set of these headers to you, so long as mts can supply a car, or perhaps he'll also have a set.

Make one for mts for testing purposes, then have an extra set ot make copies of. But you fail you pick up half the cost of hte headers (150)

Where the hell are the precats anyway.

You guys don't realize...I don't have a millenia.

I could make them, and they would fit, but I don't have a car to test them on unless MTS gave me his car for a weekend and I made a batch of them. Even that, I'd first have to get the mx6 ones here (I'm not taking mine off my car). The only two restrictions I can think of are the egr tube, and the headers rubbing against the fans. Given the width of the precats I don't think they'll rub the fans, and in the odd chance they did one of the fans would have to be replaced with slim fans ($60). The egr tube I already have a work around for. Incidentally, I have to do this on my car since my original design proved flawed.

Well I might order the MX-6 ones in the new year, and then you can have my car for a week or so... when away on business, just have to drive me to Pearson. Sound like a business proposal? We can make some coin too... :shifty: