$1500 95???

Okay. This guy wanted $3500 for a 1995 S, but it has the following issues:

Car has 140k. Engine was supposedly replaced at 100k with a 40k jap engine, but the engine in it looks like it's been exposed to weather, it's the 95 intercooler piping with that dusty mold on it, doesnt look like a 40k mile engine at all. Interior is in poor condition, dusty and dirt. Stains on carpet and smells mildly like cat pee. Driver seat significantly worn, and flat. First aid box lid cover is broken. Paint is acceptable for its age, car could use a thorough wash claybar and wax.

Someone worked on it, and rehosed the vac system but made them all much, much longer so that all the Ts are congregated on the passenger side of the engine, and the ones to the airbox aren't OEM either; they have misrouted a hose because I hear that same jet engine whine and bearing rattle that mine had before MTS helped me. Car tries its best to accelrate but it hesitates and jerks. Oil smells like it's been running rich, but no significant soot on the tailpipe.

The steering feels very loose and whored, like the components are made of wet rotted wood. It will need new struts, front end of car sits low.

It needs a brake job; brakes are slow to respond. He had the battery disconnected "because its been sitting a month." The CEL has "also been on since i bought it," he only told me that after I asked him specifically if it had been on (the disconnected battery threw a flag).

Transmission pan leaks, and car shifts very firmly, bordering on hard. Granted it had been sitting for a month, or so he said. It has the chrome 95 wheels like mine.

I offered him $1500. What do YOU think?

I believe I saw that one for sale a few weeks ago, 40k with the hood never opened and a ghetto rat it might look like that, but I don't think crap was replaced.

And as I havep osted several time,s there are better buys.

what about the ME I posted for like 1k + 1600 for a SC

or the white 00 for 2k with high mileage but pretty much just needed the tranny fluid changed