Wet Sanding

Does any one if wet sanding your headlights has any effect of cleaning the headlights?

I want to clean them up and make them a little more clear

if any one has done it before could you please tell me how to do it ..or is it as easy as it sounds

just keeping the headlight wet while sanding it down right?

the 97-00 headlights were all glass and vastly superior, the 01-02 should be a much better plastic, if your headlights are hazing over turning yellow its because of your headlights, cheap rice lights, or extremely low quality high kelvin HID's, non uv tinted glass basically.

if there fogging over with moisture you have a crack somewhere.

the meguiars plasti x works well, but you will probably have to open them up to get the inside, and then for god dakes put a thick coating of wax on them.

I have a 2001 but they are pretty clear but i just want to clean them up a little .. right now i have a 15k cool blue kit but i just want to clean them just a llil ..

You can wet sand them, and it does get rid of the yellow 'pitting', but it will come back in the future. Plastic headlights have a coating on the outside to prolong their lifespan, once that coating is gone, it's a constant battle. Start with 400 grit, and keep moving up until you hit 2000+ grit. At that point they should be smooth as silk, but still foggy. At this point get a buffer and some plasticX and that will clear them right up.

You can wet sand them, and it does get rid of the yellow 'pitting', but it will come back in the future. Plastic headlights have a coating on the outside to prolong their lifespan, once that coating is gone, it's a constant battle. Start with 400 grit, and keep moving up until you hit 2000+ grit. At that point they should be smooth as silk, but still foggy. At this point get a buffer and some plasticX and that will clear them right up.

DAMN REN YOU COULDNT HAVE PUT IT TO ANYONE BETTER....

YOU CAN SPRAY A COAT OF CLEAR TO HELP WITH THE BATTLE.