The Problem Is Back!!!

My check light has been on for about 2 weeks now. Prior to that my mech. cleared the light and the codes came up as P0431 (catalytic converter problem) The problem that is random is the one where my tsc off light comes on (without pushing the tsc off button) and then i can't go above 2500!!! I have no clue what it is and it happens randomly. Help please!!! I know last time somebody said it might be something with a solenoid valve or something but i'm not sure what to look for and i can't follow that diagram for shit!!!

[/img]

[/img]

IPB Image

IPB Image

thats 2500 rpm's, the last time this problem happened was about 4 months ago, and it has just happened twice in the pat 4 days!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is almost definitly a vacuum problem. If you get the vac diagram in the tech section and trace the lines and look for broken tees and lines that may be damaged, you might get lucky and find an obvious problem leak and can replace that section of hose. If you cannot find anything, you will need to start replacing the lines, which is not really that hard as long as you take your time.

I have replaced a couple broken tees before, and just a couple days ago I did all the lines. If you have leaks, you will definitely see an improvement in how smooth the engine runs and slightly improved acceleration if your having any hesitation in the 2000-3000 rpm range. It is not too hard of a job to do as long as you know what to remove.

I'm fucking pissed, i love this car and i want this problem gone NOW lol alot of the problems i've read about are leading to either vac. leaks/splits or something with the ABV. Something about some code 82 thing. Vacs under the intake manifold, which i have no idea where it is. I'm going to my mech. tomorrow to get the codes pulled and if the come up as p1540, i'm gonna let him keep te car and check the vacs. and EVERYTHING else related to the abv lol

Print the vac diagram that I posted. Then check/replace the lines one at a time. Do this even if they're not cracked...call it preventative maintenance. The check the solenoids, they should read between 30 and 90ohms (I've seen some that have over 120 and still work, but those won't work for long). Then apply 12v to the terminals on the solenoids, if you hear a click, then they're okay (assuming resistance is within spec).