Help Me Please!!!

Yesterday afternoon i was installing a tv into my unit and some how i think i shorted all of my wires ...

my lights wont come on inside my car, my headlights dont stay on and more issues ...

wtf do i do? :poopfan::poke:

So... do you guy wanna hear some real bull shit??? :whack:

so i took my car to the dealer ..

i told them before i left i said number 30(15 fuse is blown) I TOLD THEM THAT

they told me come back in an hour and they would check everything while i was gone..

they called me in 30 minutes and told me my car was ready...

they charged me $197.38 to change the fuse that i told them to change!!!

yes you are reading it right... 197.38 wtf.... and then later on today .. that same fuse blew when i was installing my radio..

i finally got it fixed but damn .. $197.38 :noidea:

mixed, no offence but you deserve that for two reasons: you should have disconnected the power first (especially the second time around), and second, it takes less than 1 minute to replace a fuse.

How can you possibly have the confidence to install a tv in the car, then in the same day take it to a dealership for a fuse?

mixed, no offence but you deserve that for two reasons: you should have disconnected the power first (especially the second time around), and second, it takes less than 1 minute to replace a fuse.

How can you possibly have the confidence to install a tv in the car, then in the same day take it to a dealership for a fuse?

Don't be so harsh on him, we all need to start learning somewhere :)

Mixed, dealers are legitimate crime offenders, as you've probably realized by now. And remember that installing stereo systems, tv's, coffeemachines or whatever extra electrical crap takes some skills. Use some time studying the procedures, and I'm sure you'll be fine next time.

I'll give you a general guide for free.

1. Whatever you do which includes electricity, disconnect the positive battery connection first.

2. Use the correct gauge wires for the equipment. Too big is just as retarded as too little. I've seen gardenhose sized cables in cars and that is retarded. But in general it is better to be on the safe side, the voltage is low and current high in cars.

3. Use wires suited for automotive use, and be sure to run them in a tidy, secure route without risk of insulation damage. Clamp them with zipties all the way. Also take measures to avoid them getting in the way for maintenance. The shortest route is probably not the best. In the engine bay, follow an outer route to the firewall and generally the passenger side is the best route through the firewall.

4. Keep track of polarity and find a sound local source for ground connection in favour of running ground wires, possibly part from insane stereo systems with big power.

5. See to it ALL POSITIVE WIRES ARE CONNECTED THROUGH A FUSE, ESPECIALLY WHEN CONNECTED TO THE BATTERY.

6. The connectors and fuse terminals do not need to gold plated or whatever for appearance purposes.

Good luck!

the reason i took it to the dealer was because i changed the fuse but my car would stall out on me ...

when i changed the fuse the car still stalled on me .. everytime i stopped at a stop light it would shut off .. my normal mechanic was busy and i need my car right away because i am always on the move .. the problem was a hose that need to be changed so in all i spent maybe 270.00 at the dealer yesterday...

as soon as i left the dealer after getting the fused changed ..i would floor my car and it wouldnt even get to 20mph ... so i took it right back and spent another 80.00 ...

:mad:

every time i see his name i see it as saying "mixedlatboi"

its

mixed atl boi ....