Keyless Entry

I have a question,

I've got a 95 Millenia 2.5, and I checked an it has the keyless entry control unit in the trunk, but I guess the previous owner lost the remote.

I'm trying to find a 95 remote/ 96+ control unit and remote,

but could I replace the current unit with this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/astra-50-keyless-e...1/90128512.html

and use the wiring that is already in place for the original unit?

thanks for any help.

Nope, you would have to install a new system with a new remote, same as any aftermarket system. Millenia;s don't fair to well with remote starters so avoid those.

I have yet to see a single millenia without keyless entry (though frank claims he had one)

you should be able to find a new remote on ebay for about 40-50 bucks, then just program that. BEWARE - 95-96 had a different remote then 97-02, which are much cheaper and plentiful. the 95-96 remotes had a mazda symbol on the front and well only work with those years..and cost up to 60 instead of 20

careful 2001-2002 remotes are different than 97-00. They have a darker Lock button and the buttons feel more plasticy than rubbery. I think you need to find out which version yours is...by what year model. You said 95, so you'll prolly have a high priced one with the symbol on the remote.

if you have it there is a 99.9999999% it works, I'v never seen a keyless entry system fail (fob batteries and or stepping on them don't count)

20 dollars for shipping is bullshit, but yes, I would go for it, thats about what you would pay on ebay, actually that might be a deal, but since none are on ebay right now id go for it, is 50 for 1 or 2 of them?

programming instructions are here in our tech section.

I would rather take BMW's beep and siren than our horn honk. I have a Clifford alarm (was on the car when I bought it) and I like the fact that it has a shock sensor, how it automatically locks, its own starter kill, and a tilt sensor. I could always put Smart Windows and remote start on it but that just asking for problems on our cars. So if I was you I would have just gone for an upgrade and had one installed.

-Steven

I hate beeps and chips and blinking etc, the millenia is a much more classy experiance. You know your walking to your car, you know your unlocking it, why does the rest of the world have to know?

Not to mention you don't have to hit the button twice, the honk is only to confirm, hit it once and your good, oh also if you unlock and don't open a door within 20-30 seconds the system will automaticaly relock the car and arm the system, just incase.

well i like BMWs Beep confirmation and the flashers...I also like the Red Clown Nose that blinks when it is locked