Front Wheel Knocking

millySHID

I really can't explain what it is or sounds like, but I definately know somethings wrong. When i am doing between 40-50km/h (because i live in canada, its in km/h) the wheel doesnt stop shaking, it almost gets to the point where it seems like its going to fall right off. I have had the axle replaced on the same side no more than 6 months ago, and there's now way it could be that again, i hope. Plus, when im driving at 60km/h, and i turn the wheel ever so slightly to the left, it starts almost bumping and its not a good or safe sound or feeling when it happens. Any suggestions to what it might be? oh and i forgot to mention that that rim is bent, but i dont think that has anything to do with the knocking.

its extreme for that much, but the car should always be in alinement with balanced wheels, if the weights are gone completly that would make little difference at low speed, but a massive one at high speed

the only thing that really happens at high speeds is it tends to make the car shake a lot. and you cen tell its bumping. AS for the knocking, ill try to describe it exactly how it happens. When i go over bumps, it rattles and sounds like its going to fall off, when i turn corners, it knocks like im turning it too far when im really not, and lastly, i already stated, but when i turn slightly left at slower speeds, it seems like its hitting bump after bump after bump, im not sure, but i cant explain it without you physically driving it

does it stay OK and only start making noise when you hit a bump or go over a certain speed? check to see if the drive shaft has not popped loose from the transmission, apparently theres a retaining ring that if it pops out, the shaft is moving around,. the best way i can describe it is make an O with your left hand thumb and first finger, and put your RH pointing finger in the O and move it around, that basically what might behappening. this happened with the G'old Beast once

its in the shop guys! Not the mazda dealer, but one a few mins from my house, it was the ball joints. 180 bucks each and only come with a one year warranty, im going to get them to do w.e else it needs, i dont care about the bill, but i need stuff done. The mechanic grabbed the wheel, and told me to put mine on it, and he started shaking it back and forth, and it sounded like it was ready to come off/...now that i look back, jesus!!! i couldve died