Remote Start

mackin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a 2 way Clifford Matrix 50.5X. Good alarm, comes with remote start from 1/2 a mile away and it tells you if its on by a 2-way remote. You can also add SmartWindows which you can put up or down tghe windows from the remote, and if you lock the car with the windows down they automatically go up.

I have one by AstroStart that came on the car. It has been good. One thing that you should look at is how easy it is to press the buttons. You don't want to be able to easily start or unlock it from your pocket accidentally, and also it is nice if it has some kind of timer. Mine is set to shut off after 8 minutes of idle with no key (and can be changed to 4 or 16). That way it won't just idle for a long amount of time if it was pressed without you knowing. I also like that I can park and press the start button and remove the key without shutting off the engine. I hate to leave the key in while it is running but I don't always want to shut off the car if I am coming right back. Almost every remote starter will have that feature.

Get a 2 way Clifford Matrix 50.5X. Good alarm, comes with remote start from 1/2 a mile away and it tells you if its on by a 2-way remote. You can also add SmartWindows which you can put up or down tghe windows from the remote, and if you lock the car with the windows down they automatically go up.

im only looking for a remote start. i dont need any alarm capabilities

they don't play well with millenia's and are unneeded

oh believe me, it's needed.

I have one by AstroStart that came on the car. It has been good. One thing that you should look at is how easy it is to press the buttons. You don't want to be able to easily start or unlock it from your pocket accidentally, and also it is nice if it has some kind of timer. Mine is set to shut off after 8 minutes of idle with no key (and can be changed to 4 or 16). That way it won't just idle for a long amount of time if it was pressed without you knowing. I also like that I can park and press the start button and remove the key without shutting off the engine. I hate to leave the key in while it is running but I don't always want to shut off the car if I am coming right back. Almost every remote starter will have that feature.

what kind of range do you have on the astro start? and what model is it?

what kind of range do you have on the astro start? and what model is it?

It's an AstroStart Series 1000, an old one but its good. I seem to remember 1000 foot range or something and I have used it from pretty far away before. It will go through walls and stuff, I can start it from inside my house away from the windows, but I think the door lock and unlock seem like they need more of a line of sight to the receiver, that might be a safety feature.

• 2 weeks later...

you heard wrong.

the only 2 issues with the 99-04 grand cherokee are blend doors and rotors.

rotors can be helped by upgrading to the 04 calipers and aftermarket rotors, blend doors are a royal pain in the ass, but there is an aftermarket fix called heatertreater which makes them go forever.

other then that very little, less then most and if needed everything can be easily replaced. Also you have to remember that the people who break alot of stuff beat the hell out of there cars

I WISH it was that cold here, today its about 20....above 0 that is, and NO GOD DAMN SNOW.

but no remote starter needed, park in a garage or walk out and start.

oh, and yes, you need a new bulb(s) should be a #74, semi easy to get to.

and I just noticed, if its -22 why do you have your A/C on?

I think the coldest I'v ever driven my millenia in was -3, and I certainly had the heat on

Back on topic...

When your area is this COLD...

You need a remote starter! :P

BTW, is it just me or the "FRONT" and "REAR" marking isn't illuminated.

I was wondering today how low the temp would go, I took a pic at -8 F tonight and expect to see -12 F or lower tomorrow morning. Is your -22 in Celsius or Fahrenheit? And do those buttons actually say "Front" and "Rear"? Mine do not have anything on them, just the two pictures and the two orange lights.