Remote Start

mackin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cold-soaked the engine is will have more of an effect than the temperature will. Outside, the wind blows and will cool the engine off faster than a garage at the same temperature. I usually go on a long drive at night so that the engine gets nice and hot, especially if it is going to get cold. And it does start much easier in the morning than if I havn't driven it since the previous afternoon or earlier.

Millenia's don't seem to cool off that much, I remember we had to wait about 3 hours in summer before mine was cool enough to work on, and that was hood up in the shade.

either way, an engine thats in a 74 degree garage will start much much easier then any other.

I'm thinking about taking things a bit further this year, I'll be changing the oil in the garage this time, but before I put in the new oil I'm thinking about letting the bottles soak in a hottub, get it up to around 100-105 degrees, then fill up the car.

BHR I have been under the hood of the milly in the past week more than you have in the whole time you have owned it. Transmission fluid doesnt flow through vac lines which are very far from the line you need. You grab the lower right hose unclamp it, disconnect it from both sides, install the cooler, route the hose from the radiator to the cooler and from the cooler to the tranny at the place where you originally uninstalled the stock hose.

Too hard?

no, but they look about the same, I'm not going to pull off a vacuum line and play "find the hose"

also I doubt that, I mean I'v never had to repair anything because I don't abuse mine, but I'v had my time under there, usually it pisses me off

I once took off my front intercooler to clean it and what did I find, NOTHING, waste of my time.

I'm also not in the mood to have tranny fluid spilling everywhere

I'm thinking about taking things a bit further this year, I'll be changing the oil in the garage this time, but before I put in the new oil I'm thinking about letting the bottles soak in a hottub, get it up to around 100-105 degrees, then fill up the car.

Hahahah, what difference does this give you?!

wanna take it further? turn the crank a couple of revs before starting it. This will distribute the oil a bit before starting the engine...

I do more work on my cars combined then you have

and yes, if I could actually get a wrench to the crank and turn it over a bit that would be excellent, but I don't think there is a way to get a wrench to reach without taking apart alot

Also, I don't want the oil super hot to shock the valves, but by having it at around 100 degrees its super easy to crank through and will allow the oil to get everywhere faster.

This would only be for the spring restart, not every single time