I Seek A Mce Gauge Cluster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I remember one time I drove my Eunos 500 without a cluster, and I had a frigging weird problem. From memory the alternator stopped working or something and the battery died so the car wouldn't start. And it was traced back to some complex wiring by which you need the cluster in for the car to function.

Of course the single biggest question is....will the a/c computer work if plugged into a millenia without it from the factory?

We know that the circuit boards are extremely different, with the true computer being much larger. I imagine that all the data is in the ecu, the question is does it have different wiring in order to access it?

it would not be as special since it wouldn't be the real deal. hotrods or something rebuilt but not restored are flat out disgusting, mixing 40 year old cars with ultra modern technology is shameful at best. You rebuild what you have, numbers matching, if it REQUIRES new paint you use an exact factory color of the time, and you modify it to be period correct. I will NEVER add HID's to a Jeep because its simply wrong, I will NEVER put huge brembo brakes on an older car. You wouldn't add an 8-track player to a brand new mercedes would you?

damn post office, UPS is so much better. Apparently because of terrorists they have banned certain types of packing type....so what the hell am I suppose to use? and why does the type of type make any difference on if there is a bomb or not.

Assholes, insured the package for double the value. I know going through an xray machine a tach will look like part of a bomb, they'll open it up and fuck with it

I got the cluster and installed it, it works marvellously on my tach body. BHR, when you did the transplant you broke the motor; they don't have as much resistance on the needle as the one you sent did, thats why it was reacting so slowly. on some of the gauges if you pull to hard you break something inside the windings the shaft sits in and its never the same again afterward. i did that with the spare 1995 tach and speedo from the 95 cluster i bought a long time ago, the shafts popped up and then the needle was really stiff. im not complaining bhr im just saying. I managed to pop off the needle on mine without any trouble and got the tach accurate within 100-150 RPM. you have to push the needle beyond its comfort zone until it just swings around and stops at the bottom, it sould be pointing right between the 00 in 1000 RPM, tats the "rest zone" then you can pull it off and transplant the face, stick the needle back on in the exact spot its "rest zone" and push it back to 0 rpm, that will fix the "shoots up to 1000 RPM" when you turn the key" problem

next mod is LED backlights, i want a super bright cluster with the miller logo gleaming proudly from it spot

soooo...your saying you got it to work?

Because if thats the case then I should have charged you double, and not spent months and month searching for another. So basically your the only other person in the U.S with a MCE tach, and NOW perhaps you see the difference it really makes.

Also I HIGHLY recommend the LED backlighting, also make a huge difference, so much brighter, cleaner and better. I remember when we installed them at MWM05 everyone was in amazment. You'll need 1 #74 LED and a 3 5-lex matrix LED's. All in white. Should run you about 25 dollars for everything. DO IT NOW