6.0 W12 Millenia. 12 Cylinders, 650hp

I know this all sounds crazy but its routed in old old posts of long ago.

Remember how years ago we discovered that the millenia's big brother, the pegasus or amati 1000 was suppose to have a W12 engine? I still have some sketches of the original engine and remember reading about the exhaust note it had.

Flash forward to 2003 when people said that the W12 used in the bentley and more importantly, the vw phaeton strongly resembled, if not "borrowed" the design of said engine from 1990/91

So....I'm wondering, without flaming and without stupid comments what the chances would be of shoehorning that 6.0 W12 into the millenia might be. This would NOT be done on mine but a donor project car. Ideally using the entire drivetrain from the phaeton. Wizbummer proved in...er 2004? that the millenia could be made into AWD when he was working on his project using I think a 3000gt engine or something turbo charged before he went to jail.

Flash forward to 2010

I'v done alot of reading and researching on Audi and Jeep forums and while I don't deny some of this would require extreme modification it seems that it would be easier to strip out everything and more or less plant a millenia's shell onto a phaeton's drivetrain. Mounting the engine audi fashion and laying out drivetrain like that of a Jeep

- Custom driveshafts

- Maybe enlarging transmission tunnel and rerouting exhaust

- Slimmer radiator/electric fans

- Very tight fit in between strut towers

BUT we finally have the specs for a 5-spd millenia using 2 transmissions, we made an AWD millenia (never driven but everything fit in) and they got this exact engine into a VW golf...I'm thinking long term project

Found this pics on my old computer from 1989

[attachmentid=1155][attachmentid=1156]

I have access to a phaeton, might even be buying one and I have to say that once all the fancy plastic covers are removed its not that big of an engine, mounted longitude it just might work so long as you had the power train and ecu.

In the phaeton setup your looking at around 480hp NA, but in the bentley it produces 650hp with the help of 2 turbos. A 650hp, All-wheel drive sleeper millenia. Cost wise the standard can be had for semi cheap, 650hp not cheap.

enginediagramtrans2bm.jpg

paper.jpg

Yes saint, the MCE is actually a pretty big engine. The same non-turbo charged W12 has been fit into many engine bays of the same size. Audi S8, VW tourag, VW phaeton and I think 2 others. It wouldn't be mounted as the MCE is for front wheel drive, more room. Like I said it wouldn't be a simple swap.

I'v seen people put 5.7 hemi's into wrangler engine bays with room to spare.

Of course a standard V12, maybe from a mercedes and going RWD might be easier, but if your going to do something crazy go all the way crazy

• 4 weeks later...