Slight Problem

Well as of today my 2002 Millenia has 183,000 miles on the clock. My only problem with my car is that sometimes the speedometer jumps around before it stops and increases and decreases with the speed of the car. Also after it stops jumping around the ABS light will come on and then it will do fine. The other problem is that while all this is happening, if I apply the brakes, there is a grinding noise and the brake pedal will not press all the way down, but not a grinding noise like if my brake pads were wearing out. Usually after I apply the brakes pretty hard and it's making that noise, the ABS light comes on if it's not on already, and usually when the ABS light is on it doesn't make the noise or the speedometer wont jump around. And sometimes my car doesn't do any of this at all.

Any thoughts? I just had new brake pads installed in September 2009.

Thanks.

When it jumps around is there any change in the feel of the car? or does it just jump? Sounds to me like you could be a bad speed sensor on 1 wheel, which COULD also cause an ABS light to come on...but shouldn't make a grinding noise. Usually when they go bad the ABS light comes on and the system won't engage

When the speedometer jumps around, it jumps from like 20 ish to whatever speed I'm going and back down again, and then jumps back up to normal..then the light will come on and it brakes as it is supposed to. When I go to brake sometimes it will grind and the brake pedal wont go all the way down until I come to a complete stop...it's beyond me. The car still drives fine though, just sometimes at low speeds is when this noise happens...