Look Waht I Found....

We have 929s here. The manufacture date was 11/91. Was it a 929?

I like the emblem and offset license plate mount.

I did see a later year Mazda with that emblem underneath a 99 emblem. The trunk had just the 99 year emblem but the grill had both. The diamond emblem was molded into the grill and the newer emblem was riveted on top of it. If you werent looking u wouldn't have seen it underneath.

That emblem was an early '90s thing that quickly was given the flick.

That shape 929 was introduced around 1991. It had a couple of noteworthy features. Due to a combination of 4WS and rear-drive, it had a sub-10m turning circle. The top model, called 'leather' in Australia, featured the famous solar panel in the sunroof that served to cool the interior when parked in the sun, or trickle charge the battery as needed.

IPB Image

On the downside, the tiny 121 at the other end of the Mazda range had more interior headroom despite the considerable external dimensions of the 929.

engines can be rebuilt, components can be replaced.

but body panels can NEVER be restamped, paint can NEVER again be put on by the factory, rust can NEVER be removed to its factory fresh look.

The most important part of long term cars is keeping them clean, mechanical is important but it can be replaced if need be

• 1 month later...

engines can be rebuilt, components can be replaced.

but body panels can NEVER be restamped, paint can NEVER again be put on by the factory, rust can NEVER be removed to its factory fresh look.

The most important part of long term cars is keeping them clean, mechanical is important but it can be replaced if need be

although i knew it to be true, it is very poignant what you say, and to see it said that way. every time i see a ghetto rat abused millenia drive by I feel very sad and I can imagine its first beginnings as it rolled off of the factory line, and someone picked it up at the dealership. i would have loved to see the Hofu plant producing millenias.

whenever i see a 929 i see an unevolved millenia, like a worm about to become a butterfly

I hate hotrods, there mutant trash who no image, no direction. If your going to restore something do it correctly, rebuild anything and everything you can, replace only if required.

Simply put - It's only original once.

Maybe thats why unrestored, factory original cars that once cost 500 dollars are worth on average 5-20x more then a car thats been fully restored and someones spent 30-70k on

poignant

poign·ant [póynyənt]

adjective

1. causing sadness or pity: causing a sharp sense of sadness, pity, or regret

2. sharply perceptive: particularly penetrating and effective or relevant (literary)

3. sharply painful: causing acute physical pain (literary)

4. strong smelling or tasting: having an often pleasurably strong sharp smell or taste (archaic)

[14th century. < French, present participle of poindre "to prick" < Latin pungere "to prick, sting"]

-poign·ance, noun

-poign·an·cy, noun

-poign·ant·ly, adverb

Word Key: Synonyms

See moving.

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

• 1 month later...

Yes, for audi's cover. Millenia is inside capsule with cover to stop all light, audi has an ultraweave cover that gets really dirty from pollen etc.

Annoying to clean since I have to take it to a laundro-mat, wait for biggest washer, dump in some simply green which theybitch about, then wait