Led's - Which Ones To Buy???

Ikstej24

I want to go LED in my 95 S, but there is a lot of information out there and I thought it might be benificial for myself and others if we had an exact list of exactly what to buy and where to buy them from.

I want to do white leds in the gauge cluster, climate control/clock and tails. What do I need to get and from where. My goal for this thread is to be able to just click links and then click add to basket if at all possible.

(If they differ between years we may need to post similar links for the corresponding years to make it easier for others.)

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rustton, don is correct, including where to buy. make sure you buy 4 RED!!! 20 led TOWERS!!!! you must get red for the tails as white will cause them to appear orange and light, the red is just as bright in led form but gives the ma blood red light. Get 1157

For the turn signals, if you have the clear lenses you can order red or yellow. I like the red in the clears, again, make sure you order the 20 led towers in bulb size 1156

for the gauges get whatever color you want, you will need three #194 bulbs in the 5-led matrix design, same website. You will also need a single #74 led in the same color.

if you have the stock 95-96 lenses you must get yellow for the turns

so to review.

all 4 brake lights - 1157 red 20 led tower

turn signals - yellow or red 1156 20 led tower

gauges - three 194 and a single 74 bulb. 5-led matrix

you WILL need a load resistor for the rear turn signals only, also on the same website

I'll try out the red first and take your suggestion. What about the climate control lights...can I change those out as well?

Forgive my ignorance....which resistors do I need? There are several listed. LED's are new to me...car audio, mechanics, and HID's are more up my alley.

indeed, bacon - the guy who runs super/auto lumination is extremely prompt when it comes to shipping. No 20 dollars for ebay shipping 3 weeks away. He actually just has a basement with thousands and thousands of leds ready to go. Walks around, picks up what you ordered and in the mail that day

Where do you install the resistor? I put it in line on the green wire and it did nothing. I still got the fast clicking like a bulb was out.

Also, the red 20 led towers in the clear turns look kind of pink in the daytime instead of red. Is there anyway to fix that? Did I do something wrong?

I did it right behind the bulb, when I did the fronts. Terminate the resistor with both leads going to the bulb, one to each off the resistor.

crude drawing but I hope it helps. Has to be parallel so that the relay cannot sense the Resistance change in the line....

|-------R------|

|_____B___|

I put it on the green wire, not the black one, and I am still getting fast clicking on both sides. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Also, I got the gauges done and the temp gauge is barely lit up. Is there a 2nd 74 that I should be using? Or is that an indication that the 74 is not lighting up at all?

there is slighlt dull spot with the #74, but it its barely lite up the bulb might be in backwards.

as for the resistors they have a green wire and a black wire, the green wire goes onto the postive lead wire of the turn and the black goes onto the ground.

The reason they appear "pinkish" during the day is sunlight reflecting in the housing and mixing the red, in effect diluting it.

There is no way around for any color