Radar

DoN_BLaZe34

Originally the detector I sold you don was "hardwired" in my millenia.

What I did was mount it on the glass, then run the wir edown behind the tweeter grill since it was right there, then remove the cig lighter, plug it in behind the dash, and put my push button start in, 2 mods at once.

You could do the fuse box, but just out of curiousity, why not drill?

Hard work? Dropping the switch and splicing in behind it, using the live wire and a common ground? Then just taking the wire out the front of the headliner... seems easy.

Find a wire in the fuse box that is live when the ignition is ON. Splice into it, and then find a common ground for the negative wire (any bolt into the body should be good). Do you have a multi-meter?

The only reason I asked about a multi-meter, was so you could easily find a 12 V source that was only live when the ignition was to on... then you could leave the detector ON all the time and it would shut off when you shut the car off.

Use you radio fuse then... that is off when the car is off. You can just strip the wire and and hook it around the fuse contact and push the fuse back into place. Then find any bolt or screw that is in the body metal for the negative ground.

• 1 month later...