• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has rapidly become one of my favourite amplifiers

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/P...ath=32150n46280

Instructions for same;

http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/XM-...ners_Manual.pdf

I have two of them now.... Mazda3 maybe taking another life path... so where to place this in the Milly... :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Well while I was shopping for MORE audio equipment... my MILLY WAS RAVAGED BY SOME IDIOT. BACK BUMPER HAS TEARS IN THE PLASTIC FROM SOME FUCKING IDIOT.

Anyway, I have given up on the various boxes and subs I have purchased, the too big BASSWORX box, and another 12" enclosure. I have gone to get a custom box made for the black beauty. Will have it tomorrow. PLUS 2 12" Clarion Dual Coils....

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/products/2007...0603411063.html

so I am going to have a huge box with a 12" Sony 1300W sub, a Sony 900W RMS Monoaural Amp, and a smaller enclosure with a 12" Kenwood W series for sale soon... The Sony gear has been seen in pics...

Well holy shit.... I am deafened.... pics to come. BUT DAMN that fucker is thumpin', it pays to have someone custom build a box to the correct dimensions for the subs. WOW. And holy shit does that Sony ever drive those Clarions.... the people at the meet are in for a treat... especially the MIB that will be travelling with me.... :shifty:

The single Sony, or Don's Xtant just wasn't enough thump for me... now this bad boy, I actually have turn down the amp some... holy BASS, makes the eyes shake... :rollin:

Dynamatted almost the whole trunk lid and still have external rattles... the trunk lid moves almost 1/8" when the bass hits...

Well holy shit.... I am deafened.... pics to come. BUT DAMN that fucker is thumpin', it pays to have someone custom build a box to the correct dimensions for the subs. WOW. And holy shit does that Sony ever drive those Clarions.... the people at the meet are in for a treat... especially the MIB that will be travelling with me.... :shifty:

So it will be safe to say we will hear you coming from far away then. :lol:

MTS, where did you cut that hole in the 3rd pic? Is that the center "tray" area on the rear dash/deck? I was thinking about doing that when I install my two 12s in the trunk. I wanted to actually use a dremal and cut out some design and put black metal mesh to cover the cut outs with some blue lighting in the trunk to shine thru.

Does/Would the cut out help in sound quality? Or is there just extra noise and/or smell coming from the trunk?

thoughts please......

I took the glove box / tray, whatever the fuck that rattling noisemaker was, to accomodate the amp. I in the process of designing something to cover that up using some grille cloth. I have no smells eminating from my trunk???

As for sound travel.... Not sure, but it sure stopped the rattles... of course so did the 4 sq.ft of Dynamat so far.