window tint ticket

sirmakesalot

As mentioned in my thread here - http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=803 - I received a ticket the other night for my tint being too dark. I have 5% on all of the windows except the windshield, which is 20%. The officer said I could pay 16.00 and have an officer sign off, or pay 78.00 and do something else. I really have idea what in the fuck she was talking about. I really don't want to get the tint taken off, as I like the way it looks. Plus it would be expensive to take it all off, and it is really hard to find a shop that will do a good job and that will do the windshield that dark. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Any advice/ suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

i had 15% mirror tint on my car, and caught two tickets in a matter of 3 days...i paid the first off, but the prick cop made me go to court for the second one..in the end i just took them off...and now i had 35% all around...with the 5% cutoff on the front windshield...although i may end up just getting the whole thing done with 50%...

if u don't wanna get the tint taken off, just pay the ticket...

they only let you pay so many, now in va if you get more then 3 in 12 months they impound your car on site, keep it for a week, remove it themselfs, and then your suck with a shitty removal job and a 1 week impound bill.

Seriously, anything below 20 is just unsafe, and frankly, totally black out is plain ghetto, you need to have atleast some outline to add mytersy