Fog Light Rewire

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly do you want the lights to work?

Parking lights off -> fogs off

parking lights on -> fogs on

headlights on -> fogs on

high beams on -> fogs off

Is that what you're trying to get?

And if so, what do you want the fog button to do, just turn the lights off when you don't want them on?

headlights on -> fogs on

And if so, what do you want the fog button to do, just turn the lights off when you don't want them on?

FOGS as DRLs rather than heads...

headlights on -> fogs on

FOGS as DRLs rather than heads...

That's what I was thinking. Problem is that if you do a straight rewire the fogs will turn off when you turn the headlights on.

Another issue to consider of why BHR choose the route he did is having HID's and the factory alarm system are a problem. Should the alarm ever go off and begin to flash the HID's it could very well, infact will ruin both the capsules and ballasts very quickly. By isolating them so that only the fogs would blink you save yourself a 450 dollar investment.

:huh: I thought dj was the one where he wired it to the actually fog light button would turn them on at all times no matter what

it still used the relay kit though...

Another issue to consider of why BHR choose the route he did is having HID's and the factory alarm system are a problem. Should the alarm ever go off and begin to flash the HID's it could very well, infact will ruin both the capsules and ballasts very quickly. By isolating them so that only the fogs would blink you save yourself a 450 dollar investment.

same reason i did mine

Mine sure do.... just don't leave it somewhere worth worrying about...

well its mostly self inflicted alarms...u know...being in the car, and u locked the doors and then u unlock it by accident and the alarm goes off...thats where u gotta run really quick outside the car...stick the key in the door and truly unlock it. (my remote needs a battery...)