Anyone Want More Power?

Renboy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys/gals/gays, I will not have any time in the foreseeable future. I will probably be quite absent from all car forums for a while. Details will be explained in the Water Cooler in the next couple of days. MTS, I still have those heads here for you.

I think I know what is going on... :shifty:

Anyhow, Ren I will be by maybe this weekend to get the heads... Sorry for the delinquency, been traveling like a damn fool.

I won't be home this weekend, gone to Michigan. Will have to meet up some other time. Do you still have the muffler and the throttle body (milly 2.5)? How about a straight up trade, the heads for those two? I'll let you know when I have time.

Ren has already described the process, just a matter of someone getting the cams and a way of getting past the ECU, probably best addressed with a completely adjustable unit and dyno. It's basically a matter of eliminating Miller for Otto. If Ren is correct, I question the ability of the tranny to handle the amount of power he is projecting. I'm about a year out from my Milly becoming a project car unfortunately, hopefully this theory can be tested by someone sooner.

I think I know what is going on... :shifty:

Anyhow, Ren I will be by maybe this weekend to get the heads... Sorry for the delinquency, been traveling like a damn fool.

I won't be home this weekend, gone to Michigan. Will have to meet up some other time. Do you still have the muffler and the throttle body (milly 2.5)? How about a straight up trade, the heads for those two? I'll let you know when I have time.

I have the muffler of a 2.5 milly that is just sitting here. If X-man doesn't want it, you are welcome to it. I still have it from when Gotta had the muffler replaced on my milly. I can send pics of the condition it is in to you if you want as well. Just let me know.

• 6 months later...

ok so i have an 95 S, but am wondering if this mod can be reversed to help our slower L brothers by ordering say the S cams and going super or turbo?just wondering and also i think it is way cool if i can't get my car figured out i will sell it for $1000 to this project ,95 millenia S gold tan interior(not the greatest of shape sorry) 4th owner :(

No these cams are specific to the Miller Cycle engine and work only on this engine. If you were to try to use them succesfully on a NA engine you would have created the Atkinson Cycle Engine which is more efficient but slower. Like the engine in the Toyota Prius.

No these cams are specific to the Miller Cycle engine and work only on this engine. If you were to try to use them succesfully on a NA engine you would have created the Atkinson Cycle Engine which is more efficient but slower. Like the engine in the Toyota Prius.

I doubt the engine even starts.

That is only static compression ratio, when you have forced induction effective compression changes completely IIRC.

We can call it the pressure at TDC. I dont know which one is important the absolute pressure or the compression.

I think the KJ cams are so different they cant be reground to be similar to Otto Cycle cams. Either way I think the compression ratio would shoot up way to much for the engine to handle.

How can it be so different.

As far as I know, it is called miller cycle because the duration last longer. If you can reground the cams so to reduce duration until compression cycle occurs, it should be turned to otto-cycle. no?