Finally, A Cai For The S...

I have also found this place in my searching

http://www.fibercation.com/

specializing in custom carbon fiber automotive parts, including intakes. it theory I could just give them the specs and they will custom make it, except for the first bend and then the maf sensor, it could be 1 solid piece.

better yet, I wonder if they would be a way to transfer the MAF onto a new pipe, making it look alittle better.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed, as stated above, any bend or any sort is more expensive.

However, given that a full k&n cold air can retail for 230-300, having no name brand piping (even CF) and a rtue k&n filter doesn't add much more to the cost overall.

I have sent them an email with same specs. All I need to do is get the exact lenght needed for the straight tube.

I went to pepboys, got some el cheapl alum piping I could use for a grand total of 35 dollars. No couplings or filters or anything, but the general idea

Chi...are u going to be making some after the meet cause i wont be able to attend? where do u live? and if i cant get u to do it would i be able to go to a local shop and give them the parts and steps to do it? What are the parts and the steps to do it? I definately want one as well!!!

MTS will be receiving an intake identical to mine shortly except for the filter. When is the meet? I am anxious for everyone to see the intake once it is fitted to his ride...

GOOD NEWS: I have found a much better price on tubing, I can get polished or flat black. I think i will stick with the polished for now since if you want it black or any other color you can just paint it yourself...

I am still trying to find the best price on silicone grommets, not that cheap rubber ebay crap. what is the consensus for color of the grommets? I think black would be the best choice, i think the blue and red may be too flashy...

I am also looking to upgrade the circle clamps to higher quality bolt clamps that wont ever loosen on you. I am looking to do all this and keep the price the same at $125 without the filter.

What do you guys think? they may not be available for shipping for three weeks though...

MTS: I will happily upgrade your clamps for free and send you black grommets (if you want them and send back the blue ones) if everything works out and you get people on board to buy. this assumes everything goes as planned...

MTS will be receiving an intake identical to mine shortly except for the filter. When is the meet? I am anxious for everyone to see the intake once it is fitted to his ride...

GOOD NEWS: I have found a much better price on tubing, I can get polished or flat black. I think i will stick with the polished for now since if you want it black or any other color you can just paint it yourself...

I am still trying to find the best price on silicone grommets, not that cheap rubber ebay crap. what is the consensus for color of the grommets? I think black would be the best choice, i think the blue and red may be too flashy...

I am also looking to upgrade the circle clamps to higher quality bolt clamps that wont ever loosen on you. I am looking to do all this and keep the price the same at $125 without the filter.

What do you guys think? they may not be available for shipping for three weeks though...

MTS: I will happily upgrade your clamps for free and send you black grommets (if you want them and send back the blue ones) if everything works out and you get people on board to buy. this assumes everything goes as planned...

Thanks for everything Chi. I will save you the expense, if I want black grommets I will just buy some locally. I will likely paint the tubing black at a later date, hard to say. And do not worry, once installed it will be posted with pics, sound notes if I can and I will try and sell some for you. Cheers. The meet is July 28 & 29 in Kentucky. There are a few of us coming, all are welcome and it will be a good one. MC is the head collaborator for this, she has done an excellent job with the planning thus far.

I think i know where the hole is...Is it covered by a black plastic near the front driver side wheel? Do u have to take that plastic off to get to that hole? If you take it off will it look like the pic you took of where the filter comes out of?

the new CAI basically replaces the old stock system. the hole where the filter comes out in the pics is already there. You do the install, it is not difficult. I would like to have some more kits ready in a few weeks. I will keep everyone posted with prices and options as everything comes together.

Ok in all honesty how does it respond to the S and it it worth it? And was it all that hard to install? besauce if it's not that hard i'll do it with my dad...What is the power gain for it too? Does it really help the mpg? When would you start to send the kits to people? And it would be $125 you said? i'll take the blue, it looks pretty cool....

Oh where do u drill the hole for the temp. sensor? does it go into the piping of the new intake?

Ok in all honesty how does it respond to the S and it it worth it? And was it all that hard to install? besauce if it's not that hard i'll do it with my dad...What is the power gain for it too? Does it really help the mpg? When would you start to send the kits to people? And it would be $125 you said? i'll take the blue, it looks pretty cool....

Oh where do u drill the hole for the temp. sensor? does it go into the piping of the new intake?

I do not have any dynos. but i can definitely tell a difference in throttle response and acceleration. I just recently started to track my mpg, i have never really cared. i get 18mpg but this is all city driving. lost of idling in rush hour traffic with the ac on every now and then. i also start and stop the car about 15 times per day with all my appointments, i dont know if that effects fuel consumption though. I dont have any specific numbers for mpg or performance gains but CAI's have been proven to increase both. Yes i would say it is worth it, but wait for MTS to get and install his for an unbiased answer. The sound of the supercharger after the intake install is most rewarding. More intakes wont be ready for a while so there is plenty of time. The intake will come disassembled but ready to install, no cutting no drilling, the only challenge will be bending one of the old cirlcle clamps into a bracket to hold the filter secure, detailed instructions and install pics will be sent with every kit.

the EPA has adjusted the old standard of testing mgp, here is a link for the new mpg ratings of the millenia millenia mpg. 17mpg is for the city, i guess i am good at 18 then with my driving conditions and my lead foot. I also spend a lot of time idling with the ac on waiting for my girl to get off work or filling out deposit slips at the bank...I know, i have a lot of bad habits... :)

Ok thanks alot, i'm def. looking into this....Do you think you'll have some ready before the end of the summer?

i will have some ready in three weeks.

it will fit all millenia S's 95-00. I need some more info on the wheel wells on the 01-02's to know it will fit those models for sure. the filter is in the same location as JK's for the 2.5, did his intake fit the 01-02 2.5's? if it did, then mine should fit the 01-02 S's...