Finally, A Cai For The S...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-1540

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=320

I am thinking along these lines....

WOW so pretty much anything will fit...But what do u think was the hardest part though?

Hardest part is getting the stock tubing out from inside the fender.... Mazda used it as a wire clip point....

The hardest part (not hard) is just finding all the bolts hold on the stock intake system... Yes the front wheel comes off... then the splash guard... after that not too bad. I did it right in the driveway.

more intakes will be ready in 2-3 weeks. to keep the price at $125 i had to stick with the polished aluminum tubing, no black yet (but you can paint it). I couldnt get black 90 degree grommets only straight ones so i had to stick with the blue so everything matches. the clamps have been upgraded to t-bolt style, more secure, shouldnt ever come loose, an extra clamp will be included for your filter because even K&N gives you the cheapies.. shipping will be $15.

nope, actually 2 weeks would be the 12th, which is when he said they would be ready, factor in prep for shipping and shipping time that adds say 4-5 days to be safe, making it the 17th, probably 18th since sunday doesn't count. That gives 8 days before I have the millenia full ready to go the night before leaving. Factor in 1 day for install and product testing :shifty:, knocks it down to 7 days. Keeping in mind chi said they will be no earlier then 2 weeks it could be later, which is fine he is busy and things come up., so it would be cutting it very very close.

at the very worst I would get it the morning i leave, throw it in the trunk and install at the meet.