Dynomat

Turn the volume down and actually talk to the hot bitch riding shotgun. Unless you're a social retard she'll be more impressed with conversation than bass.

But every now and then the hottie is a fatty that you settle for at last call, then the bass is needed...

why would a whore be allowed passage in a millenia

Cuzz sometimes Kat_Daddy get lonely :)

Not that I speak from experience, but I understand where you're coming from. I'm meticulous as hell, and when I did my car I did everything from the trunk to under the pedals in the front. If you're doing the trunk alone, you'll probably need the better part of 40 sq.ft. That would do the entire trunk up to the strut towers, the lid, and the top of the deck. If it still rattles, then it's the suspension crying out in pain from the fatty.

The best thing for a license plate rattle is your average 5$ cheap ass mouse pad cut to shape your license plate. If you want to take care of the problem from the inside with Dynamat, apply Xtreme to the top deck lid, coat your entire trunk with Dynashield, and then apply a layer of Xtreme in trouble spots. Option 2 will cost ya over 200. My one 12" doesn't do enough damage to require either. Big bass = big bill on keeping that energy from turning into rattles.

thanks dubbs. I checked the rattle from outside the car and it was mostly the tags. I put some rubber grommets under there and it sounds 100x better. I can still hear the rear deck rattle from the inside when i really push them. ill see if i can rig sumn else for that later...

don't show gotto this thread.

there are simple things to start, the license plate if you want can just take some duck tape, roll and stick, make sure there are no loose jacks or tools in the trunk.

the biggest problem with the millenia seems to be the 3rd brake light, Since I have the tint and have a brake light on my spoiler I just stick some foam around the side, like 99 cents at home depot, but you could cut out a mouse pad to fit and still light hte lightshine though

If it's the same as the original, needs a heat gun and a roller to get it applied correctly. Otherwise, it will fall off the first cold day in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

there is roofing material called "peel n seel" (sp?) and is supposedly exactly the same as dynamat original and sticks better. it is like 1/4 the price and they sell in large amounts. check your local roofing supply store.

The problem with the roofing material is that it really doesn't stick well, not anywhere close to Dynamat or any of the Dynamat clones. It is cheap though, easy to find at large hardware stores, and might be worth a try.

It is an asphalt material. Most of the popular sound deadening materials are made out of other things. The cheaper, asphalt-based materals, like the roofing stuff, can make your car smell like a hot parking lot. It is especially bad in the summer. It also melts, especially in the heat. It can just melt off your trunk or door panels and fall off. I've got a roll of the stuff in my garage right now and it is was a waste of money.

Do a google search for sound deadening. Buy something like raamat or B-Quiet... Don't waste your money for the Dynamat brand.