01-02 S Was Equipped With Rear Bar?

I don't mean anything like that, plus if you sandblast you could damage certain things, like the rubber brake lines, and even then, you'll have to repaint the entire bottom, messy and or costly.

what I mean is taking some sandpaper you would use on wood, the really truely rough sand paper, then with just a twisting motion of the hand you sand down a single spot at a time, if you really want to speed it up but a few drops of acetone on the paper. This is for spot fixes, nothing eles, and its very easy

it is a great car for many reasons, and the more I see them, the more I'm stuck by there beauty, today it was a silver millenium edition, freshly waxed, with 35% tint, coming through a parking lot, door was open, saw the dark near black interior, then just stood and stared as it graceful moved out of the parking space

So you guys think the rust is fixable?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was thinking about those brushes for rust removal:

IPB Image

The transport seems reasonable. $600 fee would be the tax of a new milly. Driving 2500 miles is too much hassle for me and for the car. And also car in CA is more expensive. so moving the car there is very cost effective if i can get rid of the rust. Now that i recharged my AC properly it is ready for CA climate. Today was 94F and it was blowing ice cold.. Hmm the only missing part is to find a job then :)

Saint, your car is fixable, no problem at all. Rust on bolts and exhaust is mainly a cosmetic issue. The exhaust doesn't last for ever anyway. Buy a can of rust remover and spray on every bolt/thread you see.

The rust on heatshields, other shields, suspension parts and rear subframe is also mainly cosmetic, but smart to deal with. What is essential, is that you take care of the rust on the rest of the undercarriage. Parts not detachable, see? If you'll do it yourself, then do it either like I said, or get hold of whatever wondercure MTS suggested. And do remember places not visible, like inside doors and frame members.

If you don't have the gear, I would suggest having a pro do the spraying. Different kind of product depending on where it goes, see. Like inside doors you use a penetrating, thin oil. Some cars are treated with wax from factory, which demands other products to avoid chemical reactions. Pro job...

Here the Tuff Cote Dinol treatment is regarded as one of the best. Mercasol is another brand, as well as Tectyl. I don't know if they are worldwide. My Xedos was probably treated when new, and still is perfect after 7 years. Only minor areas where it has weared off, easy to deal with. And I drive in salt during winter too.

Good luck with saving your Millenia for the next decade or two!