Just Had A Wtf Moment

Jdubs99

Is the chrome wheel well trim on my car from the factory or added by the hilljacks that owned the car before me? I didn't see any 01-02 cars with it, and I assumed I would.

what? do you have exact pics? all I see are the ghetto chrome trim ring around the wheel well, which certainly wasn't an option, I even have the brochures and options list from every year, plus I don't remember seeing it on jdubs car.

I keep thinking you guys mean the entire wheel well, like the splash shield and everything is chrome

yep - that's the chrome trim.

It's stuck onto the body work on the face of the panel.

There's another 4 or 5 Eunos 800's both 2.5 and 2.3MCE versions on Cardomain - none of them have the chrome wheel arch trim.

looks like it may well be aftermarket. :(

trust me, its aftermarket.

I have the sales and options brochures from every year, and to date, I have only encountered one 5 truely "fully loaded" millenia's besides mine, none have it.

Oh how I want that 02 S in silver, and the 95 S to be able to test repairs and things before screwing it up and then drive it to the 300k mark

:hmm:

I'm going to have to disagree, the mobil1 logo was put on by my dealer at the very first oil change

The only sticker I ever added to the engine bay was an HID high voltage warning, but figured besides me there are only 2 people who touch the car, and both of them know it quite well and can figure out hid's.

Here's what I'm talking about, look at the fenders.

IPB Image

Current pics of the car, dirty as hell, driver side view with spoiler installed.

And now without the fender trim, spoiler installed.

IPB Image

The trim had to be a mazda part number. The ends of the chrome trim are cut absolutely clean, and the inside of the parts are trimmed in rubber, unlike the ghetto Autozone variety.

This means that scratching was taken into account. The ends are also angled to match exactly the angles at which they end. The jury is out as far I'm concerned with removal or reapplying.

my concept of time is very different then yours, to me what may have happened decades even centuries ago seems like last week.

and yes, I told them the car would be services there as long as they didn't cross me, at the first oil change which was like only 2000 miles they removed whatever warning thing was there and put the mobil1 sticker on incase I did go anywhere eles.