Need Help Id'ing Sensor

Ok, I'm having some weird issues with the cooling fans being on all the time and overheating, etc etc. So I'm checking my coolant temp sensor, it turns out alright, but next to it, on the left (front) side of the motor, on the coolant fill neck next to the ECT sensor is another one wire sensor. The wire to it broke off easily when I tried to pull the connector off leading me to believe it was already broken inside the insulation. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Its a '95 with a 2.5 btw. Thanks in advance!

Alright sweet. And I fixed it as soon as I found it, I just wasn't sure what it was.

I feel dumb for this but my screen for the climate controls is broken and I just didn't know that the AC was on. I hadn't started it since winter so I didn't see why it was on but oh well. That's why the fan was running.

The check engine light is on, but I don't have easy access to a scan tool, and its OBD 1, so Autozone can't do it. Any other way to pull codes, or know which adapter I'm gonna need for a scan tool?

where are the two coolent sensors for the S?

Mine has a habit of creeping up to 80% hot when it's been in traffic with A/C ECON for 10-15 minutes... and then the other fan comes on, it'll pipe back down but then rises to 80% again. Coolant level, condition are fine. New waterpump about 10-12k ago

Ren, I believe you're mixing degrees C with % on the tempgauge, if I understand Lat correct.

Stock thermostat rating is 82 degrees C.

Lat, maybe you need a coolant flush, or a new thermostat. I'd do both while at it. Use dishwasher machine soap and pure water for the flush, warm up the engine with it, chill it again and flush it again with clean water a couple of times. NB! The engine has to chilled between each flush, or you can fill up with warm water instead. NB! Don't burn yourself when opening the cap.